Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

DL Segment Run: DTW-MSP-MEM-COU RT/AI $180

DL Segment Run: DTW-MSP-MEM-COU RT/AI $180

Old Nov 14, 11, 10:29 am

I've never done one of these either, but am interested. It works originating from MSP, which I need. Having never been to COU, can I sleep there somewhere? Looks like I would be in at 9:30pm and out at 7:30am for some of the combinations.
Old Nov 14, 11, 10:52 am

After looking at this some more, it might not work out of MSP. Some of the segments get to be less than 500 miles. That's the minimum, is that right?
Old Nov 14, 11, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Yes, 500 is the min you will earn.
Old Nov 14, 11, 3:37 pm

How to get from ATL to DTW

So, my first attempt at an mr. I have to start out and return to the ATL which is twice the cost and only a quarter of the miles for that segment. I tried TOL, LAN and FHN, but all are twice the cost of the described mr begining and ending at DTW. Anyone have any knowledge or experience on routes in and out of ATL? Thanks
Old Nov 15, 11, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum; Marriott Platinum; Hertz PC
Just got back from COU. Success!
Old Nov 15, 11, 12:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by prt123 View Post
So, my first attempt at an mr. I have to start out and return to the ATL which is twice the cost and only a quarter of the miles for that segment. I tried TOL, LAN and FHN, but all are twice the cost of the described mr begining and ending at DTW. Anyone have any knowledge or experience on routes in and out of ATL? Thanks
There are some tools out there for figuring out the best mileage run options. Check out the FAQ and sticky posts to get the deets.
Old Nov 17, 11, 8:24 pm

Not really very helpful dave. I could provide that answer to every question ever posted. Do you have a specific tool you can point me to or the specific FAQ. I tried the FAQ and search function without sucess hence the question.
Thanks
Old Nov 17, 11, 10:13 pm

Programs: DL GM
Try farecompare.com/Flyertalk. Input atl as your city, then filter for skyteam. You can sort on cpm or cost of trip. Atl is a challenge as its the hub. It's a good suggestion to position yourself somewhere else on a cheap flight (perhaps rdu or clt or bna?) then buy a reasonably priced high mqm ticket from there.

On iPhone now so can't look up fare.compare, but I seem to think that bna sea is usually a decently priced flight. (sometimes as low as 220) I don't know how much it costs to get to bna though!
Old Nov 18, 11, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by prt123 View Post
Not really very helpful dave. I could provide that answer to every question ever posted. Do you have a specific tool you can point me to or the specific FAQ. I tried the FAQ and search function without sucess hence the question.
Thanks
Try this:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/freque...%80%93-part-1/

Also, under "Mileage Run Discussion" sub-forum there are two links for mileage run tools. I know the information is here because I just learned how MR works over the last few weeks. I'm not an old expert at it... just a new kid who read things like the FAQ and the forums. That link above will give you a good start. Note that there is a second part to this blog post that you may have to hunt for.
Old Nov 18, 11, 11:07 am
In Memoriam

Programs: UA 1K, RCC; AA EXP; HH Diamond; CC Gold
Originally Posted by OtherDave View Post
Try this:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/freque...%80%93-part-1/

Also, under "Mileage Run Discussion" sub-forum there are two links for mileage run tools. I know the information is here because I just learned how MR works over the last few weeks. I'm not an old expert at it... just a new kid who read things like the FAQ and the forums. That link above will give you a good start. Note that there is a second part to this blog post that you may have to hunt for.
I write the Frequently Flying blog linked here & just added the link to part two in that post now, so you should be able to click right through.

If anyone has any questions, comment on that post or shoot me an email at darren at frequentlyflying dot com.

I've been a bad FTer and haven't been on these boards in a while.
Old Nov 18, 11, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UNITED863 View Post
I write the Frequently Flying blog linked here & just added the link to part two in that post now, so you should be able to click right through.

If anyone has any questions, comment on that post or shoot me an email at darren at frequentlyflying dot com.

I've been a bad FTer and haven't been on these boards in a while.
Cool! Thanks for the article, great info!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: