Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

NYC to JNB $886ai

NYC to JNB $886ai

Old Aug 8, 11, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

NYC to JNB $886ai

I'm a total newbie and I have no idea what the proper protocol is in terms of posting these deals or calculating the cpm or anything. However, I figured I'd post this because it does seem like a good deal. I'm seeing NYC to JNB on cheapoair for $896, can take $10 off w/coupon code. Flights are on Arik Air and route through Lagos, Nigeria. Tough to do a true mileage run when the flights are so long, but seems like you can do turns in the same weekend (leave Friday night at 10pm, return Monday morning at 5:50am). You might be able to find this for less money, I didn't spend much time searching at all. Seems to work for Feb and March.

If anyone tells me the proper way to post this or gives me the cpm, I'll be happy to edit my post. Just figured I'd try to contribute to FT in some way. Thanks.
Old Aug 8, 11, 12:33 pm

Programs: *W Plat, Hyatt PLT,PC RA Plat, Virgin Gld, CO Gld, DL Gld, HH Diam, KL Gld
airline, alliance ?
Old Aug 8, 11, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, HH Gold, and SPG Gold
thank you for sharing. can you give some sample dates please?

Originally Posted by eshy99 View Post
I'm a total newbie and I have no idea what the proper protocol is in terms of posting these deals or calculating the cpm or anything. However, I figured I'd post this because it does seem like a good deal. I'm seeing NYC to JNB on cheapoair for $896, can take $10 off w/coupon code. Flight routes through Lagos, Nigeria. Tough to do a true mileage run when the flights are so long, but seems like you can do turns in the same weekend (leave Friday night at 10pm, return Monday morning at 5:50am). You might be able to find this for less money, I didn't spend much time searching at all. Seems to work for Feb and March.

If anyone tells me the proper way to post this or gives me the cpm, I'll be happy to edit my post. Just figured I'd try to contribute to FT in some way. Thanks.
Old Aug 8, 11, 12:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by eykramer View Post
airline, alliance ?
Reading is FUNdamental.

The OP states that it is on Arik Air via LOS.
Originally Posted by howto View Post
thank you for sharing. can you give some sample dates please?
Ditto. Weekends in February/March are noted in the OP.

Not a lot of earning potential there, but it is a pretty solid sale fare to JNB.

Welcome to FlyerTalk, eshy99!! Because of the operating carrier the earning opportunities are quite limited such that this probably isn't going to turn out to be a very good deal. If other carriers start to match it, on the other hand, some legitimate earning opportunities could show up. Assuming 100% credit is is just about 5.5cpm so not a great mileage run, but definitely a solid fare to JNB.
Old Aug 8, 11, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
Reading is FUNdamental.

Not a lot of earning potential there, but it is a pretty solid sale fare to JNB.
I dont see any alliance information on their website. They seem to be running a lot of promotional fares at the moment (including this one).
Old Aug 8, 11, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by sbm 12
Assuming 100% credit is is just about 5.5cpm so not a great mileage run, but definitely a solid fare to JNB.
Bad assumption , W3 seems to credit full Y for 3000 "miles" r/t and discounted Y for 1500 "miles" r/t. (so its more like 30cpm, or 59cpm respectively) Credit only seems availible to their own program.

Can you credit W3 to anyone else?

If not, seems this would be better suited to the budget travel forum.
Old Aug 8, 11, 12:54 pm

Programs: *W Plat, Hyatt PLT,PC RA Plat, Virgin Gld, CO Gld, DL Gld, HH Diam, KL Gld
finding $807 feb-8-14 why doesnt this fare come up on ITA?

Reading is FUNdamental.

Welcome to FlyerTalk, eshy99!! Because of the operating carrier the earning opportunities are quite limited such that this probably isn't going to turn out to be a very good deal. If other carriers start to match it, on the other hand, some legitimate earning opportunities could show up. Assuming 100% credit is is just about 5.5cpm so not a great mileage run, but definitely a solid fare to JNB.
Old Aug 8, 11, 2:14 pm

Programs: M&M
It does show up, at least I got $907 first try. There's about $450 worth of.. er, "stuff" missing so jump on it while you can.
Old Aug 8, 11, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, Delta PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Reading is FUNdamental.

If via LOS don't forget to add the cost of a VISA to Nigeria.
Old Aug 8, 11, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
Cool, I can finally meet that guy in Nigeria that has all of that money set aside for me after I gave him my bank account number.
Old Aug 8, 11, 2:48 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Originally Posted by kaaria View Post
Cool, I can finally meet that guy in Nigeria that has all of that money set aside for me after I gave him my bank account number.
LOL!!
Old Aug 8, 11, 2:49 pm

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by kaaria View Post
Consider this your retribution.

My personal favorite: linky
Old Aug 8, 11, 2:53 pm

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780 View Post
Bad assumption , W3 seems to credit full Y for 3000 "miles" r/t and discounted Y for 1500 "miles" r/t. (so its more like 30cpm, or 59cpm respectively) Credit only seems availible to their own program.

Can you credit W3 to anyone else?

If not, seems this would be better suited to the budget travel forum.
It looks like you get 3000 "miles" for JFK-LOS RT and 1600 "miles" for LOS-JNB RT in full Y (total 4,600 "miles").
Also, discount Y only earns 1500 "miles" for JFK-LOS RT and 800 "miles" for LOS-JNB RT (2,300 total "miles").
And there were no partner listed on W3 webpage, so I doubt you can credit the miles to other airlines.

Maybe good deal, but as far as MR's are concerned, it isn't a good one IMHO.
Old Aug 8, 11, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA,UA,DL
Airline Quality

Has anyone ever flown Arik? Very curious as this is an awesome fare. I checked airlinequality.com and it received a 3 out of 10 Although I guess that's similar to AA and UA's ratings!
Old Aug 8, 11, 6:42 pm

Programs: A-Club Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, United, Hilton Gold, SPG, Hertz Gold, Club Carlson Gold
I would not try Arik Air especially now when they are in financial trouble such as planes grounded and no catering for current flights due to unpaid bills.

Search this Thread