Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

NYC to JNB $886ai

NYC to JNB $886ai

Old Aug 20, 11, 9:06 am

Programs: LH FT, Flying Blue Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SAHIBCHIK View Post
I would not try Arik Air especially now when they are in financial trouble such as planes grounded and no catering for current flights due to unpaid bills.

Thanks for the heads up! With flights that cheap no wonder they have financial difficulties.
Old Aug 20, 11, 9:52 am

Programs: Hilton LT diamond, Hyatt diamond, Marriott LTte, AA LT plat, Seabourn diamond elite
Originally Posted by NYC1K View Post
If via LOS don't forget to add the cost of a VISA to Nigeria.
Bogus information. I did this route years ago and will never forget the stench of fellow passengers and the army guards at plane for the two hour Lagos stop. Add this broken airline, and the trip should really be fun. Imagine not being able to pay for fuel in Lagos. You might consider getting visa.
Old Aug 21, 11, 5:25 pm

Programs: DL-KRYPTONIUM, DL-PM, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Club Carlson Silver, Hyatt Plat.
I think this says it all....

Nigerian Officials Seize Arik Air Plane With Passengers On Board...Apparently the Airplane was repossessed on the taxiway by a creditor while passengers were on board awaiting takeoff.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/flying...gers-on-board/
Old Aug 22, 11, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Former UA 1K
Never heard of this airline before today, but surprisingly their business class seems to be quite nice.

http://www.arikair.com/Home.aspx?location=Nigeria

Certainly better than a number of airlines in the 3 alliances. (Realize this deal is for economy, but was impressed nonetheless)
Old Aug 22, 11, 2:24 pm

Programs: LH FT, Flying Blue Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dvs7310 View Post
Never heard of this airline before today, but surprisingly their business class seems to be quite nice.
Those images are from their marketing besides what good is it being in the nice business class of a seized plane?
Old Aug 22, 11, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
The A345s that fly the New York route are not actually Arik planes; they're flown for Arik by a Portuguese carrier, HiFly. I know someone who flies them, and understand they (HiFly) are a first-rate operation.

JNB I believe is Arik itself. Good luck.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: