FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Deals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/)
-   -   UA/CO:: YYC-TPE $796 USD ai RT (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals/1241488-ua-co-yyc-tpe-796-usd-ai-rt.html)

canadian_golf_guy Jul 27, 2011 2:13 pm

UA/CO:: YYC-TPE $796 USD ai RT

UA / CO has just released this. Seems to force routing of YYC-SFO-NRT-TPE, with maybe option of going through SEA instead of SFO on the way back, depending on dates. Two night min stay.

Works out to 5.32 CPM. Not the best, but pretty good for Canada. Base fare is only $227 each way.

Fare books into K. Good through EOS.

BryanIAH Jul 27, 2011 2:36 pm

It's only 4.9 CPM (untricked) when routed creatively. This is just my 1st attempt and I'm sure that someone who can actually use this fare will be able to find something better. ;) The same price is available from other Canadian cities too.

1. YYC-UA/CO/AC-YVR-UA/CO/AC-SFO/LAX-UA/CO/AC-SFO/SEA/LAX-UA/
CO-HNL-WP/UA/HA/CO-OGG/MKK/LNY/LIH/KOA/JHM/ITO-WP/UA/HA/
CO-HNL-UA/CO-TYO/OSA-NH/CO-TYO/OSA-UA/NH/CO-TPE
2. YYC-UA/CO/AC-SFO/LAX-UA/CO/AC-SFO/SEA/LAX-UA/CO-HNL-WP/UA/
HA/CO-OGG/MKK/LNY/LIH/KOA/JHM/ITO-WP/UA/HA/CO-HNL-UA/CO-
TYO/OSA-NH/CO-TYO/OSA-UA/NH/CO-TPE
http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/.../Picture16.png

concorde02 Jul 27, 2011 2:46 pm

Can't seem to find it!

concorde02 Jul 27, 2011 3:17 pm

Oh... it works for YVR too... for lots of dates! all the way to Nov.

huntk Jul 27, 2011 3:24 pm

Oh...but does it work for YYZ? That's the big question? And, oh, how does one trim the fat?

CokeandTaco Jul 27, 2011 3:52 pm

UA: YYZ-TPE $905ai
Delta: YYZ-TPE $848ai
Sample date: Oct 6-10

canadian_golf_guy Jul 27, 2011 3:58 pm

A buddy and I just booked it, but I couldn't get the HNL stop to work for our dates. Oh well, it should still be an awesome trip.

huntk Jul 27, 2011 4:22 pm

Is it VISA on arrival for Canadian citizens?

bearteacher Jul 27, 2011 4:46 pm

no visa needed for Canadian passport holder

No visa needed for Candadian normal passport holders, a max. stay of 90 days.

except holders of Emergency and Temporary Passport, who
must obtain a visa on arrival, a max. stay of 30 days.

concorde02 Jul 27, 2011 5:07 pm

Just booked YVR-SFO-HNL-NRT-TPE/TPE-NRT-LAX-YVR for $796 ai all on UA planes Nov 3-7
The YVR-SFO-HNL-NRT-TPE are all on the same day! .. leaving YVR 6am and tight connection in SFO and HNL... but it works.

lax2010 Jul 27, 2011 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by concorde02 (Post 16810342)
Just booked YVR-SFO-HNL-NRT-TPE/TPE-NRT-LAX-YVR for $796 ai all on UA planes Nov 3-7
The YVR-SFO-HNL-NRT-TPE are all on the same day! .. leaving YVR 6am and tight connection in SFO and HNL... but it works.

Startig to sound interesting! Is it bookable on .bomb in order to apply VDB voucher? What is the last day to travel from the fare rule? Thanks.

Santander Jul 27, 2011 5:49 pm

You beat me to it! I was going to post this last night but I was too tired and when I got home today I was too late. I was going to use the 20% HKG sale to get to CAN for Canton Fair but I think I'll go to TPE and make my way to HKG from there.

Make sure to avoid SFO-NRT-TPE on one flight number if you want more miles...

PanHam Jul 27, 2011 6:31 pm

Hmmmm . . . it really doesn't seem to like weekends for some reason.

Anyone else with the same difficulty?

tobegold Jul 27, 2011 6:35 pm

Watch out for the Air Japan / ANA legs they probably only get 70% or less of the miles if credited to AC. The CO website tells you the % miles earned but that is only for credit to Onepass. I was looking at fares on CO and UA websites a couple of days ago (fares were higher then) for next April and found best mileage out of YVR was YVR-SFO-NRT-TPE-NRT-LAX-YVR for my dates all on UA/CO metal. The HNL options did not appear, but will now take another look if the 70% earn adds more EQM. Noted that NRT-TPE is using 737-800 or 777 UA metal, when did UA start basing 737 in NRT?

Correction - 737 was for NRT-HKG leg of alternate MR plan UA/CO metal

rbAA Jul 27, 2011 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by lax2010 (Post 16810444)
Startig to sound interesting! Is it bookable on .bomb in order to apply VDB voucher? What is the last day to travel from the fare rule? Thanks.

Found it all the way thru the week before Xmas. $786 all in.