Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

BA: ORD-TLV $698 all-in. 13,000 flight miles.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2011, 12:59 pm
BCH
Original Poster

works out to be about 5.6 cents per flight mile. Plenty of February and March dates available. Comparable flights on other carriers is between $900 and $1,100.

Valid until end of sale.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
never mind

Last edited by cfischer; Jan 23, 2011 at 1:09 pm
Old Jan 23, 2011, 1:31 pm
BCH
Original Poster

now if I could only find a matching Star Alliance deal. Does anyone know if any Star carriers match?
Old Jan 23, 2011, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA/AA
I'm seeing $847rt from LAX (British Air) and $787rt from SFO/SEA (Iberia).

Thru March
Old Jan 23, 2011, 2:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
This appears to be available from WAS and MIA too.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Great find, thanks OP. Awesome fare for TLV. At the very least I told a friend in STL and it looks like he'll be booking end-to-end STL-ORD-STL flights. I wonder if any of the MIA/ORD-LHR segments can be booked on AA (hope to use my SWUs to ride in J)
Old Jan 23, 2011, 9:25 pm
BCH
Original Poster

Yep! Transatlantic segments may also be booked on AA for the same price. Just use ba.com and walk through the steps.

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Great find, thanks OP. Awesome fare for TLV. At the very least I told a friend in STL and it looks like he'll be booking end-to-end STL-ORD-STL flights. I wonder if any of the MIA/ORD-LHR segments can be booked on AA (hope to use my SWUs to ride in J)
Old Jan 24, 2011, 6:43 am

i was about to post this but for 568 ai, with a little add-on as permitted by the fare rules.

it also includes a free stopover in lhr, and if you leave within 24hrs--- no dep tax

I had an itin getting into lhr at 8:30 and leaving 8:25 or something following day giving pretty much a full day for free. if you don't ming the dep text i think stops are permitted up to 12 mos
Old Jan 24, 2011, 6:45 am

also combinable as 1/2 rt if you have other flights you can make work with it, though I can't seem to get it below 500 despite the 2xx base
Old Jan 24, 2011, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
... I wonder if any of the MIA/ORD-LHR segments can be booked on AA (hope to use my SWUs to ride in J)
Originally Posted by BCH
Yep! Transatlantic segments may also be booked on AA for the same price. Just use ba.com and walk through the steps.
I can see the AA metal, but only with BA codeshares / no AA numbers.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 7:18 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Unless you are thinking of doing a stopover.. I'm not sure what the benefit is of booking the AA metal with BA flight number. Wouldn't that make things harder with a potential terminal change?
Old Jan 24, 2011, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good fare to TLV, although obviously not that impressive on a per mile basis.

But I'm just impressed that you found a good BA fare. On farecompare, I see zillions of "good" BA fares, but I don't check them since I just assume they don't actually work.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by iahphx

But I'm just impressed that you found a good BA fare. On farecompare, I see zillions of "good" BA fares, but I don't check them since I just assume they don't actually work.
+1

Has anyone found the TATL portion on AA metal yet?
Old Jan 24, 2011, 7:52 am
BCH
Original Poster

Jteezy, where did you find the 568 fare? What are the cities?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by jteezy
i was about to post this but for 568 ai, with a little add-on as permitted by the fare rules.

it also includes a free stopover in lhr, and if you leave within 24hrs--- no dep tax

I had an itin getting into lhr at 8:30 and leaving 8:25 or something following day giving pretty much a full day for free. if you don't ming the dep text i think stops are permitted up to 12 mos
Old Jan 24, 2011, 8:03 am

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
Originally Posted by iahphx

Farecompare BA fares need to be dumped. Not that I know how to do it, but BA uses YQ and that is why they have such low base fares on farecompare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.