Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2011

Good Deal Premium Fares 2011

Old Aug 7, 2011, 7:11 pm
  #1201  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Posts: 11,496
Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
Too bad AI is not going to be in * Alliance! Sample dates 9/14-9/21, click through on Orbitz to get the price.
Biz? or First?
cesco.g is offline  
Old Aug 8, 2011, 7:12 pm
  #1202  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 9,230
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Biz? or First?
Biz R/T - less to JFK/EWR.
erik123 is offline  
Old Aug 8, 2011, 10:53 pm
  #1203  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 9,769
*A airlines have released discounted biz fares US-Europe for Thanksgiving weekend.
Fares as low as 1380ish ai, depending on city pairs.
Possibly lower.

sample dates: nyc-dub 11/22-29, 1380 ai

Last edited by izzik; Aug 9, 2011 at 6:31 am
izzik is offline  
Old Aug 8, 2011, 11:22 pm
  #1204  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DC
Programs: AA EXP; UAMM
Posts: 1,902
Originally Posted by izzik
*A airlines have released discounted biz fares US-Europe for Thanksgiving weekend.
Fares as low as 1380ish ai, depending on city pairs.
Possibly lower.
Are they posted online somewhere? Link?
nor4 is offline  
Old Aug 9, 2011, 9:18 am
  #1205  
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NY Metro
Programs: DL DM
Posts: 2,892
Originally Posted by izzik
*A airlines have released discounted biz fares US-Europe for Thanksgiving weekend.
Fares as low as 1380ish ai, depending on city pairs.
Possibly lower.

sample dates: nyc-dub 11/22-29, 1380 ai
There are some great fares available. $1650 EWR-FCO all-in!
NHFL9 is offline  
Old Aug 9, 2011, 10:12 am
  #1206  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: DL PM; IHG DIaAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat/LT Gold
Posts: 7,479
Seeing availability sub $1500 on pretty much every *A carrier NYC to BRU, CDG, LIS, MAD, FRA, DUB, AMS, VIE, MAN, OSL, SNN, GVA, CPH, MUC
Adam1222 is offline  
Old Aug 9, 2011, 10:26 am
  #1207  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: PDX
Programs: Alaska Airlines, CO Emeritus, United kettle, Ural Airlines Wings, Hilton, National
Posts: 979
Yep large availability $2200 ish from the west coast. I did one of these last year to Poland. Anyone know what the best European city is for cheap connections to India?
Derrico is offline  
Old Aug 9, 2011, 11:00 am
  #1208  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Posts: 11,496
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Seeing availability sub $1500 on pretty much every *A carrier NYC to BRU, CDG, LIS, MAD, FRA, DUB, AMS, VIE, MAN, OSL, SNN, GVA, CPH, MUC
Best value from the East Coast. ^
However, from the Westcoast some base fares are almost double.
cesco.g is offline  
Old Aug 9, 2011, 11:01 am
  #1209  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Programs: Nah.
Posts: 13,967
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Best value from the East Coast. ^
However, from the Westcoast some base fares are almost double.
So buy a cheapo transcon, get a free upgrade and go from the east coast.
qasr is offline  
Old Aug 9, 2011, 11:16 am
  #1210  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Posts: 11,496
Good point, I am aware of this option. Unfortunately, upgrades (free or supported) might not pan out on high Thx giving loads.
cesco.g is offline  
Old Aug 9, 2011, 12:31 pm
  #1211  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 5,825
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Good point, I am aware of this option. Unfortunately, upgrades (free or supported) might not pan out on high Thx giving loads.
Actually, I think the opposite would happen..

Thanksgiving is crowded with non-elites filling up all the seats.

With elite status, you should have a better chance of an upgrade than you might at non-holiday travel times... (others can correct me if this is wrong..)

This is the same reason that upgrades on Hawaii flights have a much better chance of succeeding, from what I understand...
LarkSFO is offline  
Old Aug 9, 2011, 12:54 pm
  #1212  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: PDX
Programs: Alaska Airlines, CO Emeritus, United kettle, Ural Airlines Wings, Hilton, National
Posts: 979
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
Actually, I think the opposite would happen..

Thanksgiving is crowded with non-elites filling up all the seats.

With elite status, you should have a better chance of an upgrade than you might at non-holiday travel times......
This is exactly the case. You have the highest chance of upgrading on holidays. I usually used to swing thanksgiving CO transcons, when I was a silver. (and that was uncommon)
Derrico is offline  
Old Aug 9, 2011, 12:57 pm
  #1213  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SEA
Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Posts: 2,008
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
Actually, I think the opposite would happen..

Thanksgiving is crowded with non-elites filling up all the seats.

With elite status, you should have a better chance of an upgrade than you might at non-holiday travel times... (others can correct me if this is wrong..)

This is the same reason that upgrades on Hawaii flights have a much better chance of succeeding, from what I understand...
Holidays and Hawaii are full of non-elites - and there's a second reason. Holidays and Hawaii have more people traveling in families where the elite can't upgrade everyone and so they all stay in coach, so less competition for the upgrade.
seacarl is offline  
Old Aug 9, 2011, 5:48 pm
  #1214  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,259
Originally Posted by Derrico
Yep large availability $2200 ish from the west coast. I did one of these last year to Poland. Anyone know what the best European city is for cheap connections to India?
I'd try ATH, it's about $1930 roundtrip to Delhi on EY around Thanksgiving, just a few bucks more on TK if you want * Alliance.
bangkokiscool is offline  
Old Aug 9, 2011, 7:38 pm
  #1215  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
Posts: 957
I found similar fares with AF (at least CDG). I hope BA/AA matches!
david-alexis is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.