Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2011

Good Deal Premium Fares 2011

Old Jul 16, 2011, 2:55 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver
Thanks for the tipe on TPE. I found out that TPE has no visa requirements for U.S. and it is the best biz fare from my side of the world. I will have to get a DOH or DXB flight to TPE R/T in econ and then catch the flight out of TPE. I was interested in trying to see Japan, but it seems that the fares double in price even though it is closer to the U.S. Any deals on flying on A380s from DOH or DXB going TPAC or TATL? Love this thread as the biz fare from TPE to the U.S. is the same as a Y/B fare to the U.S.

OT: Anything to do at TPE?
Old Jul 16, 2011, 7:34 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ademarco
Thanks for the tipe on TPE. I found out that TPE has no visa requirements for U.S. and it is the best biz fare from my side of the world.
Actually, you can do HAN-LAX one way for 1100 all in.
Malaysia biz (D) fare.
If you don't want to travel to Asia first, there is CAI-NYC one-way for 1650 ai on Alitalia.

Unless you have specific airline preferences, there's no reason to travel to TPE if you just want a biz fare to the US.

Last edited by izzik; Jul 16, 2011 at 7:44 am
Old Jul 16, 2011, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by izzik
Actually, you can do HAN-LAX one way for 1100 all in....
Great fare after MH joins Oneworld.@:-) Although MH may raise fares as a result. There is no way to credit MH flights as EQM for any alliance currently.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by Sachdev
Dear All
Whenever I want to travel prices go sky high.
Can anybody help with good deals on LHR/PEK mid August and rtn from HKG to LHR end August.
Family of 3 adults.
Please check out the Mileage Run Welcome Thread
Old Jul 16, 2011, 9:03 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by TerryK
Great fare after MH joins Oneworld.@:-) Although MH may raise fares as a result. There is no way to credit MH flights as EQM for any alliance currently.
I thought someone posted you could put the miles to TK [ for the flight IST-KUL]because it was a codeshare with tk?
Old Jul 16, 2011, 10:16 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by caesar04
Here's one for the honeymooners.

Seychelles to Maldives O/W in C ~$750-$850. Unrestricted fare, almost every day for the foreseeable future. There's a ton of 2 and 3 stop routings on exotic carriers and equipment.

I'm taking Emirates on the 340-500 SEZ-DXB (note some days have the 340-300, check on emirates.com), then Oman Air via MCT for ~$850.

Other options (up to 4 stops for those who enjoy the journey as much as the destination!) include Sri Lankan, Gulf, Qatar, Jet, Air India.

Caesar
I think the best ( regarding MPM ) is SEZ-DAC same price but aprox 600MPM more, so DAC you even can route via BKK ( with a 15% surcharge ).
From SEZ there are ineresting rates to DAC/CMB/MLE/KTM , but who starts in SEZ ? and for MR's there are no major aliances flying this routes.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 10:35 am

Actually, you can do HAN-LAX one way for 1100 all in.
Malaysia biz (D) fare.
Where are you seeing this? Tried exp, orb, mh site and don't see this. Sample dates?
Old Jul 16, 2011, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by 1K+
Where are you seeing this? Tried exp, orb, mh site and don't see this. Sample dates?
9/16
try using kayak and go from there.

also works @Trv/orb if you price it out as a multi-c: han_kul,kul_lax (next day). overnight in kul mandatory anyway, due to schedule.

Last edited by izzik; Jul 16, 2011 at 11:57 am
Old Jul 16, 2011, 12:41 pm

9/16

also works @Trv/orb if you price it out as a multi-c: han_kul,kul_lax (next day). overnight in kul mandatory anyway, due to schedule.
just tried multiple dates through kayak and trv/orb with m-c search, no luck. I do see the D fare in KVS so know its there.

sample date?
Old Jul 16, 2011, 1:51 pm

9/16

Originally Posted by 1K+
just tried multiple dates through kayak and trv/orb with m-c search, no luck. I do see the D fare in KVS so know its there.

sample date?
Old Jul 16, 2011, 1:55 pm

deleted (repeat)
Old Jul 16, 2011, 1:56 pm

I got it izzik, thanks for your help ^
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:09 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by libuser
yup. some real interesting itins in biz:
sez-dxb-cmb-mle
mle-cmb-dxb-sez
total of 9.1k in C
total around 1.2k
Which airline is this on..??
Old Jul 18, 2011, 4:31 am
AJO

Programs: BA | A3 | AFKL | Hertz | SPG | Avis
Originally Posted by quarryking
Which airline is this on..??
Seeing how it goes via DXB, I would say EK. However, as this is an YY fare, you can take any airline you like to route SEZ-xxx-MLE, as long as you stay within the MPM.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 6:16 am

Programs: *A Gold, ST Gold; SPG Plat
@quarryking SEZ-DXB is on EK (340-300 or 340-500 equipment depending on flight and day of week) but DXB-XXX-MLE is NOT (straight SEZ-DXB-MLE on EK is double the price). If you look at my original post a few pages back, I found routings on Sri Lankan, Oman Air, Jet, Gulf, etc.

@bertheike I would imagine I'm not alone including both Seychelles and Maldives in the same itinerary. Since the airlines that fly this are what I would call exotic to most Europeans, Americans and East Asians, I'm figuring those who do, may well be on open-jaws like me and this is an interesting and comfortable way to close the triangle. As for DAC, it's a good tip but it doesn't get you from one island paradise to another

Caesar

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.