Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2011

Good Deal Premium Fares 2011

Old Jul 13, 2011, 2:20 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Miles

Originally Posted by dvs7310
Since its a TK codeshare, you can certainly put the miles in TK's program which I don't think is all too bad. As often as TK comes up for MR's these days, may not be a bad place to put extra *A miles.
I did a RT ATH IST TK a while ago . Someone suggested I put my miles in CO.
I entered my FF number at airport. I did not get credit. Should I open a TK Account and deposit them there, before the time is up
Old Jul 13, 2011, 2:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
I did a RT ATH IST TK a while ago . Someone suggested I put my miles in CO.
I entered my FF number at airport. I did not get credit. Should I open a TK Account and deposit them there, before the time is up
If you want them in a TK account... otherwise if you still have your boarding pass and e-ticket receipt, just mail them to CO assuming it's a fare class eligible for credit.

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...s/default.aspx
Old Jul 14, 2011, 12:23 pm

Location: In the process of moving from Dubai back to Tokyo because I didn't like it there. Working in Melaka, Malaysia now.
Programs: No longer loyal to any airline.
Exclamation

Aug 2 TPE-VPS ONE WAY
UA/CO BIZ $1953 ai

Fares from NRT were 3x!
Old Jul 14, 2011, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Discussion on the AA fare from HKG to the US can now be found at:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...0-usd-all.html

Kind Regards

rcs85551
Moderator, Mileage Run forums
Old Jul 14, 2011, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by InTokyo
Aug 2 TPE-VPS ONE WAY
UA/CO BIZ $1953 ai

Fares from NRT were 3x!
That's a fairly typical one way fare originating in TPE. It works with stopovers too. My wife and I usually detour through HNL for some r&r before returning to Chicago.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 6:49 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Aug 2 TPE-VPS ONE WAY
UA/CO BIZ $1953 ai

Fares from NRT were 3x!
Premium fares from TYO are almost always higher--by a substantial margin--than other cities in the region (TPE, SEL, MNL, HKG, BKK, etc.).

Routing through HKG on CX or BKK on TG is often much cheaper than flying direct with NH, UA, or CO.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 2:33 am

Location: In the process of moving from Dubai back to Tokyo because I didn't like it there. Working in Melaka, Malaysia now.
Programs: No longer loyal to any airline.
Question

Originally Posted by armagebedar
Premium fares from TYO are almost always higher--by a substantial margin--than other cities in the region (TPE, SEL, MNL, HKG, BKK, etc.).

Routing through HKG on CX or BKK on TG is often much cheaper than flying direct with NH, UA, or CO.

Thanks...........I am based in Tokyo so it is really inconvenient to begin my trip from other Asian cities and extends my trip my several hours or an overnight. What I've done in the past is buy a cheap one way Y fare from NRT-TPE or use miles (if reasonable), THEN begin my biz class travels often connecting back throug NRT!

Does anyone have any other suggestions for me?
Old Jul 15, 2011, 6:01 am

Programs: *A Gold, ST Gold; SPG Plat
Here's one for the honeymooners.

Seychelles to Maldives O/W in C ~$750-$850. Unrestricted fare, almost every day for the foreseeable future. There's a ton of 2 and 3 stop routings on exotic carriers and equipment.

I'm taking Emirates on the 340-500 SEZ-DXB (note some days have the 340-300, check on emirates.com), then Oman Air via MCT for ~$850.

Other options (up to 4 stops for those who enjoy the journey as much as the destination!) include Sri Lankan, Gulf, Qatar, Jet, Air India.

Caesar
Old Jul 15, 2011, 6:29 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by caesar04
Here's one for the honeymooners.

Seychelles to Maldives O/W in C ~$750-$850. Unrestricted fare, almost every day for the foreseeable future. There's a ton of 2 and 3 stop routings on exotic carriers and equipment.

I'm taking Emirates on the 340-500 SEZ-DXB (note some days have the 340-300, check on emirates.com), then Oman Air via MCT for ~$850.

Other options (up to 4 stops for those who enjoy the journey as much as the destination!) include Sri Lankan, Gulf, Qatar, Jet, Air India.

Caesar
Interesting find!
Old Jul 15, 2011, 6:46 am

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Originally Posted by fsa_ea
Interesting find!
Works for return flights as well. ~1100USD and up.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 6:54 am

yup. some real interesting itins in biz:
sez-dxb-cmb-mle
mle-cmb-dxb-sez
total of 9.1k in C
total around 1.2k

Last edited by libuser; Jul 15, 2011 at 7:01 am
Old Jul 15, 2011, 7:37 am

it's a YY fare with generous MPM, there are some more like this in the area. As usual with YY fares, stopovers trigger a higher price.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 8:38 am

Aug 2 TPE-VPS ONE WAY
UA/CO BIZ $1953 ai

Fares from NRT were 3x!
better yet, tpe-sfo/sea/boi+others are available every single day for 1500 ai on that fare basis (unless you really want to get to vps in confirmed biz)..

also tpe-den/iah/dfw/tul/pdx/tus/abq/slc/san/las/phx...etc,etc is available for 1600 ai - 14 day advance purchase... and those are just several of the lowest priced add-ons....

don't forget about all the great places you can go with the free unlimited stopovers (except Japan, +75 bones)... and no min / max stay

they can all come to 1500 or less if you route them right... i gotta tired of looking after seeing so much available (can be routed for crazy miles if the goal is MR) ... seems to be quite the friendly fare

the availability on this fare is truly amazing... pick a number, any number (date, that is) even t-giving, christmas, etc... chances are it's available.... for sfo/sea there are currently only 2 days unavailable (g/f, easter) on this fare out of the next 365! .. so as long as you don't need one of those 2 days, you got 363 others to choose from...

...as for ex-nrt being pricey, have you seen lax-tyo roundtrip fares recently in biz??

I was a bit surprised to see them come in under 3k (2922 ai), and a pretty low base fare to boot

.. also shows availability now through Dec 31 (every single day.. ) - 7 day advance purchase, no min / 6mo. max stay - different rules depending on ticketing carrier, but there are same day turns if that's your mo (even 1hr turns)

this fare can also be routed for some bountiful MRs if that's your goal.. both fares can go well under 0.10 cpm... and if you really know what you're doing, under 0.05 cpm is attainable... (and if you then factor in elite bonus, certain route bonus, etc... hot damnnnn) either way, not to shabby for int'l biz (should also mention some segments in asia can be booked in F base on routings / carriers selected)

enjoy..
Old Jul 15, 2011, 3:06 pm

Programs: TK Gold, QR Gold, BA Bronze
Good Premium Runs

Dear All
Whenever I want to travel prices go sky high.
Can anybody help with good deals on LHR/PEK mid August and rtn from HKG to LHR end August.
Family of 3 adults.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by Sachdev
Dear All
Whenever I want to travel prices go sky high.
Can anybody help with good deals on LHR/PEK mid August and rtn from HKG to LHR end August.
Family of 3 adults.

See post 1136 above and take the Eurostar over to Paris and jump on one of the fares to PEK from CDG

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.