Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Good Deal Premium Fares 2011

Good Deal Premium Fares 2011

Old Jun 20, 2011, 6:23 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Accor Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Javaboy
I'm looking for a good fare from BRU to SIN in Sept/Oct. Can't seem to find anything under 1250 Euro's using either SQ or LH at this point. Any suggestions welcome.
If you want 100% UAL miles accrual from BRU to SIN on a budget, I'd go from BRU on Turkish Airlines (880) or from CDG on Qatar Airways (740 + 70 TGV (1h30 ride))

PS1 :My SkyTeam obedience would put on the non-stop KL AMS-SIN (700)...but that's another story

PS2 : Best value for money on *A is probably the non-stop SQ AMS-SIN pricing at 960. Going to AMS from BRU is only a 50 RT 1h30 train ride)
Old Jun 20, 2011, 7:15 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SteamyUncle
If you want 100% UAL miles accrual from BRU to SIN on a budget, I'd go from BRU on Turkish Airlines (880) or from CDG on Qatar Airways (740 + 70 TGV (1h30 ride))

PS1 :My SkyTeam obedience would put on the non-stop KL AMS-SIN (700)...but that's another story

PS2 : Best value for money on *A is probably the non-stop SQ AMS-SIN pricing at 960. Going to AMS from BRU is only a 50 RT 1h30 train ride)
Are these economy fares or business/first fares?
Old Jun 20, 2011, 9:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by ajk388
Per the usairways Web site, no miles for the following classes from Qatar: "No mileage credit E, I, N, O, R, S, U, X, Z 0%"

http://shopping.usairways.com/en-US/...nce_qatar.html
Yes, this is what the US website says, but I have a lot of trouble believing this is intended. None of the other codes listed are revenue codes. Its hard to imagine that a revenue business class fare would intentionally be excluded. Z seems to be a fairly common code used for upgrades on other non-alliance airlines. I would bet that at one point it was on QR as well and US missed the change. Seems UA got the memo as did several of their other partners.

Personally I don't use US Dividend Miles, but if someone does I'm sure a little bit of pushing could get this fixed.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 1:05 pm

QR 20% off Business Class

"Up to 20% off Business Class fares from the USA
Now through June 24th receive up to 20% off select Business Class fares from Houston, New York, and Washington, DC. Fly onboard one of the world's youngest and most modern fleets to an ever-expanding global network of over 100 destinations. Whether traveling East or West, we assure you the journey there will be 5-star"

http://www.qatarairways.com/us/en/sp...-business.html
Old Jun 20, 2011, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by dvs7310
Yes, this is what the US website says, but I have a lot of trouble believing this is intended. None of the other codes listed are revenue codes. Its hard to imagine that a revenue business class fare would intentionally be excluded. Z seems to be a fairly common code used for upgrades on other non-alliance airlines. I would bet that at one point it was on QR as well and US missed the change. Seems UA got the memo as did several of their other partners.

Personally I don't use US Dividend Miles, but if someone does I'm sure a little bit of pushing could get this fixed.
Qatar has been partnered with United for longer than with US. I think it was just in the last 2 years for US and Qatar. I guess it would make sense to alter their fare/code structure since they have codeshares with other star partners too.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:31 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by ajk388
Per the usairways Web site, no miles for the following classes from Qatar: "No mileage credit E, I, N, O, R, S, U, X, Z 0%"

http://shopping.usairways.com/en-US/...nce_qatar.html
QR refers to its Business Restricted fares as "D" and not Z. The other fare categories are C and J.
US is right in saying Z has no miles. As Z is award ticket on QR business.But if you payed for a the lowest fare BUsiness class ticket, it would be in D and eligible for mileage. I have received 150% miles in this fare category 2 times.

The current 20% off Business class fare deal books into Z however!!
Old Jun 21, 2011, 11:07 pm

Programs: TK*G, LH*S, HH Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by levitation
QR refers to its Business Restricted fares as "D" and not Z. The other fare categories are C and J.
US is right in saying Z has no miles. As Z is award ticket on QR business.But if you payed for a the lowest fare BUsiness class ticket, it would be in D and eligible for mileage. I have received 150% miles in this fare category 2 times.

This is not totally correct. QR has some fares that book in Z and earn (as well as D) 150% of miles in their Privilege Club. http://www.qatarairways.com/privileg...ator-earn.html So I can't imagine it is their Business Award Class !
Old Jun 22, 2011, 1:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by levitation

As DariusTR said above, this doesn't make sense. I suspect at one time in the past it was some award class, but not now. Currently if you search fares for QR you'll find Z is the lowest revenue business class fare.

Aside from UA, these other partners also award miles for flying on a Z fare:

https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/japan/e/as...ght/tk/qr.html
http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/loya...s/flights.aspx
http://www.mea.com.lb/English/CedarM...rPartners.aspx

And interestingly, on OZ, QR's Z is a ghost fare, its neither on the included nor excluded list.
http://us.flyasiana.com/Global/US/en...?fid=CLUB15300
Old Jun 22, 2011, 11:16 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond
There is a sale fare on Lufthansa- CGK-SIN in C for $362 a.i. for mulitple dates through 2011. The fare, unfortunately, is not available in the reverse. Good fare for a true C product- despite the 1.5 hour flight length you generally are served an entire business class meal. You also get C baggage allowance and C miles.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Cellisttoo
There is a sale fare on Lufthansa- CGK-SIN in C for $362 a.i. for mulitple dates through 2011. The fare, unfortunately, is not available in the reverse. Good fare for a true C product- despite the 1.5 hour flight length you generally are served an entire business class meal. You also get C baggage allowance and C miles.
OW/RT ?
Old Jun 22, 2011, 11:22 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by joorinainen
OW/RT ?
RT- Details can be found here
Old Jun 28, 2011, 7:00 am

Programs: Finnair Platinum; Intercontinental Ambassador
2 observations:
a) is this thread gone dead, or is there a new more fashionable one?
b) how come there are hardly ever such good deals ex europe (other than athens) than you can find from America or Asia to europe?
Old Jun 28, 2011, 7:38 am

I'm afraid that some of the good fares don't get published here(or anywhere else) because they get shutdown quickly or the prices goes up because people call the airlines or do something else stupid to alert them(like some guy in the hotel deals subforum booked hotel stays for 50separate people with the promotion code.) Social media is so powerful today so exceptionally good deals won't last. In my opinion some parts of FT could be behind a fee. This way the owners of this great site could get some compensation for their effort and the information could stay contained better.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 10:32 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by joorinainen
I'm afraid that some of the good fares don't get published here(or anywhere else) because they get shutdown quickly or the prices goes up because people call the airlines or do something else stupid to alert them(like some guy in the hotel deals subforum booked hotel stays for 50separate people with the promotion code.)
Bingo.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 1:06 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
bmi runners

back on looking for deals...
bmi changed the rules on US "A" fares earlier this year, but US still has some very good deals on the usual suspects (SJU-SAN/LAS/SFO).. here's the best part it can be routed 100% on UA metal, which would transfer over to bmi or A3 at 300% and not the 150 or 125% of the usual US "A" fare.

SJU-IAD-LAS-SFO-SAN wil net you some 14511 miles (with 600 mile min and 300%) for $504 or a CPM of 3.47 in United First, mostly 320s and one 757...
you can find schedules on ITA and then buy on the big O or E...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.