Good Deal Premium Fares 2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good Deal Premium Fares 2011

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2011, 7:02 pm

SFO-SJU

SFO-SJU from $975ai RT, by both US and DL.

Ooops, just realized the same deal was posted from SAN a few days ago. Sorry.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 7:28 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I think those belong here. Premium Fare does not necessarily mean Premium Cabin.
B class is NOT premium fare. We have had this discussion on here endless times. It's an economy fare, end off.

B
Old Jan 12, 2011, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Brian_1
B class is NOT premium fare. We have had this discussion on here endless times. It's an economy fare, end off.

B
B-class e.g. on CO will upgrade right away to First class domestically and gives the same 150% EQMs. It all depends on the market and how you define things. A QUP fare on UA is a coach fare, but it books into A-class.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
B-class e.g. on CO will upgrade right away to First class domestically and gives the same 150% EQMs. It all depends on the market and how you define things. A QUP fare on UA is a coach fare, but it books into A-class.
QUPs are fine, but using upgrade vouchers or miles to get into a premium cabin are not.

B
Old Jan 12, 2011, 7:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
B class is NOT premium fare.
In your mind, maybe. But it gets 150% EQM, and therefore it's a premium fare to most people. In case you missed it, this is the Mileage Run Deals forum, which is all about getting the RDM/EQM. It's not about where you sit.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 7:48 pm

In your mind, maybe. But it gets 150% EQM, and therefore it's a premium fare to most people. In case you missed it, this is the Mileage Run Deals forum, which is all about getting the RDM/EQM. It's not about where you sit.
For your info I didn't miss anything. Sure in North America you may have a different take on what the term "Premium Fare" means, but to the rest of us in this big wide world it means sitting in a premium cabin.

Feel free to post your B class 150% bonuses to your hearts content, but please don't do it here.

B
Old Jan 12, 2011, 9:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
to the rest of us in this big wide world it means sitting in a premium cabin.
I'm glad to hear you speak for every person outside North America.

Sorry, but you (and by your claim, over 4 billion other people) have a very narrow definition of what premium fare means. To most people, I'm sure a premium cabin also means more than just blocking the middle seat in a Coach cabin. Should we exclude European Business Class fares because it's not a premium cabin? What about an F fare in a one-class plane?

Feel free to post your B class 150% bonuses to your hearts content, but please don't do it here.
When your profile says "Moderator", you can dictate what gets posted where. Until then...
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:02 pm

When your profile says "Moderator", you can dictate what gets posted where. Until then...
I'm not getting into a silly slanging match over this.

B class fares should either be in a separate thread as are Premium Economy deals or posted on the airlines own forum.

Folk like me who are genuinely interested in "real" premium fare deals have better things to do with our time than troll through pages and pages of B class fares.

I will leave it up to the "Moderators" to sort out.

B
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:23 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
How about: SAN-SJU on UA in first (A fare). Base fare is 870.60 RT or 435.30 OW; 898.60 RT a/i or 449.30 OW a/i.

Simple routing:
SAN-IAD-SJU is 3824 miles for 11.7cpm.
Wacky routing:
SAN-SFO-redeye-ORD-BOS-IAD-SJU is 5284 miles with 500-mi minimums is 8.5cpm.

All UA metal so you can use travel credits on it; haven't tried applying any e-certs.
If crediting to BD... I'm seeing a 2 night stay on UA routed SAN-SFO-LAX-IAD-SJU-IAD-LAX-SFO-SAN, with 600 mile minimum and 300% credit, this routes some 29,154 miles for $898, or a CPM of 3.08 in paid UA First! debating this ticket... also how does one go around booking such a mad ticket, I'm not that familiar with with .bomb, more of an AA/ITA person...
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:31 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I will leave it up to the "Moderators" to sort out.
We will. Please give us a few days to sort it out. My personal view is that the GDPF threads have traditionally only included Premium Cabin deals, and that we should probably create a new master thread for 150% mileage earning and/or upgradeable fares. We will discuss and announce our decision in a few days. Thanks for your patience!

--jpdx, MR Moderator
Old Jan 13, 2011, 6:33 am
Suspended

B class fares should either be in a separate thread as are Premium Economy deals or posted on the airlines own forum.

Folk like me who are genuinely interested in "real" premium fare deals have better things to do with our time than troll through pages and pages of B class fares.
Agreed. Since B class fares do not guarantee a seat in Biz/First I think they should be separate or filed in the GDEF thread.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 9:37 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Agreed. Since B class fares do not guarantee a seat in Biz/First I think they should be separate or filed in the GDEF thread.
+1. This discussion has happened before in last year's thread. I thought even premium economy fares were excluded from this thread, so there's no way B-fares should be in here. I love B-fares, myself, and would love a "Good Deal B-fare" thread, but they don't belong here.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 9:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ps9a
+1. This discussion has happened before in last year's thread. I thought even premium economy fares were excluded from this thread, so there's no way B-fares should be in here. I love B-fares, myself, and would love a "Good Deal B-fare" thread, but they don't belong here.
+2,a B fare where the person ends up still sitting in coach is a different creature and not what I also thought this thread was for
Old Jan 13, 2011, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by ps9a
+1. The long debate last year concluded that premium economy (which also earns a lot of EQM with anyone) does not belong here, and as such any fare which sits you in economy class does not either in my mind. This thread already include so much (and so varied) information that I think it would just make it confusing otherwise.

By the way, 'B fares' do not mean anything as such - on many airlines, they are indeed a high earning economy class fare which may earn 150% on some programmes but 100% on others. On some other airlines, B fare is not even one of the highest earning economy class fares. Some other airlines also offer 150% miles on some other economy class fares. But beside the semantics, I support jdpx's idea that a separate thread for 'upgradeable economy class fares and economy fares earning over 100%' or something like that would be fine but that this very thread should not reopen last year's decision that our tradition is to stick to fares that sit you in business or first class cabins only. If anything, I'd reiterate it might be worth sub-dividing into PF *A, PF OW, PF ST, and PF other airlines so that people can check what interests them more easily if they are 'alliance monogamous'
Old Jan 13, 2011, 9:53 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Mods have already stated they will be sorting it out and will need a few days to do so. In the mean time hopefully we can refrain from voting in this thread. It's already too long for the number of relevant messages in it, and it's only halfway through January.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.