Good Deal Premium Fares 2011

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2011, 8:12 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by trooper
Colin.

With you on the last leg throwaway... but not on skipping the first.

Wasn't it that activity that purportedly got the better CMB deals shut down?

Seems the airlines don't care much about the last leg.. but they seem to care about folks "removing coupons" as it were.. If many folks do that I think the results could be... unfortunate.

YMMV of course....
I agree with you. If we want to keep that fare alive of course
Old Feb 4, 2011, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by pepsii
Good one indeed ! But where do you price it at 1610 ? Is that an all in price or just the base ?
Note 28 days advance purchase and 7 days minimum , 1 month maximum stay.
All-In price. www.travellink.fi (+ numerous different travel-agents with few euros difference in price) 501,12e for economy roundtrip and 1606,12e for business roundtrip.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by G_G
I agree with you. If we want to keep that fare alive of course
If you are actually certain of what causes any fare to disappear. I doubt anyone here can claim that.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 2:20 pm
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
If you are actually certain of what causes any fare to disappear. I doubt anyone here can claim that.
in the case of CMB it was that without any doubt.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by G_G
in the case of CMB it was that without any doubt.
like saddam's wmd
Old Feb 4, 2011, 3:24 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Come on, people! It's not that hard! Please keep the thread on topic! Feel free to dig up one of the old threads in MR-Discussion if you want to rehash the arguments about whether sharing kills fares. Thanks!

--jpdx, MR Moderator
Old Feb 4, 2011, 4:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
US: LAX-SJU 459 a.i

trying to get the thread back on topic...

I was looking at SJU A fare runs and saw a US A fare, if routed LAX-PHX-JFK-CLT-SJU would net about 14,481 credited to bmi DC or LH M&M , not as great as the SAN runs, but when you add in the cost and time from LAX to SAN, it might be worth it...

Fare code: AVWA0NXX LAX to SJU $429 + 30 in taxes... (since when does the US consider PR International??? $16.30 is a US International Departure Tax!!)

anyone able to get it to force a more creative routing, ITA Matrix gave me errors when I tried to force a 5 segment, seems like a 4 segment limit... and the farthest NE I could get was JFK...
Old Feb 4, 2011, 5:07 pm

Programs: HYATT DIAMOND, STARWOOD PLAT, UA 1K,AA PLAT [2.5MILLION], LH SENATOR, AMEX BLACK
Tk jfk-kul biz

Where can you find this 2400.00 fare, tk site quotes 3371.00

cheers j

Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
i've been following the gdpf thread since it's inception, and have spent hundreds of hours learning through reading and experimenting on my own. This particular fare has been mentioned on ft at least four times previously, going back at least four years. It's how i found it, and i've flown it 3 times myself.

Yes, ft is about sharing. It's how we all learn. But can we all agree that we want good fares to last as long as possible? If a fare gets posted, what's wrong with simply taking it away quietly, playing around with it, trying to replicate it? That's half the fun! Why draw attention by posting all these inane comments? Of course it doesn't work the other way around. Of course it doesn't work for an airport thousands of miles away. Of course it won't work for your dates or your city pairs. Little bit of playing around, you'll find it, you'll find it works as a roundtrip, you'll find flexibility in connections including same day connects.

Those who ask, rather than experiment or ask via pm for help, in my opinion, are not demonstrating restraint or wisdom.

Of course, a genuine mistake fare that is definitely going to go away will always be discussed. Remember the jfk-cdg-sin-dps fare from 2009? Oh that was fun, figuring out it worked on dl, then figuring out it worked on sq a380. To me, sharing that fare and discussing it, including experiences flying it, really created a wonderful sense of community among fters. For non-mistake fares, though, a little bit of restraint will really go a long way towards preserving the fare, and thus the sharing nature of ft.

Ok. Back to topic, i will repost a fare i first posted in 2009, and is still around, and is in my opinion a screaming deal. Jfk-ist-kul return is $2400 on tk, grab it before june to try out tk's leased jet airways herringbone seat. Hint: One way is around $1300, then take air asia to cmb for $70. Questions after experimentation? Pm me.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 5:20 pm

Programs: All of them!
Expert Flyer has the TK J airfare (with rules).
Old Feb 4, 2011, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by pepsii
Good one indeed ! But where do you price it at 1610 ? Is that an all in price or just the base ?
Note 28 days advance purchase and 7 days minimum , 1 month maximum stay.
BA has pretty good business class fare from Italy too...

On lastminute.it you can price MIL-LHR-PEK-LHR-MIL for 1.521€ all-in for many dates throughout June. It's 7 day advance purchase and Sunday night only.
Book by Feb 14

Cheers
maclover
Old Feb 4, 2011, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA MM, QF Plat, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by cs57
The thing is with the JFK-KUL fare is it's JFK-IST on TK and then a code share on MH IST-KUL. It operates 3 or 4 days a week.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 6:02 pm

Programs: HYATT DIAMOND, STARWOOD PLAT, UA 1K,AA PLAT [2.5MILLION], LH SENATOR, AMEX BLACK
still can't raise the 2400.00 fare help

hopefully someone can get this fare back, TK code share give *A Points?

Originally Posted by bschaff1
The thing is with the JFK-KUL fare is it's JFK-IST on TK and then a code share on MH IST-KUL. It operates 3 or 4 days a week.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 6:03 pm

do you have the string for this fare

thanks

Originally Posted by cs57
Old Feb 4, 2011, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Originally Posted by jfkeze
trying to get the thread back on topic...

I was looking at SJU A fare runs and saw a US A fare, if routed LAX-PHX-JFK-CLT-SJU would net about 14,481 credited to bmi DC or LH M&M , not as great as the SAN runs, but when you add in the cost and time from LAX to SAN, it might be worth it...

Fare code: AVWA0NXX LAX to SJU $429 + 30 in taxes... (since when does the US consider PR International??? $16.30 is a US International Departure Tax!!)

anyone able to get it to force a more creative routing, ITA Matrix gave me errors when I tried to force a 5 segment, seems like a 4 segment limit... and the farthest NE I could get was JFK...
Can you provide some sample dates? I cant find this.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 6:10 pm

ex-MXP prices continue to be very attractive! $3500 for MXP-DXB-SYD return, including nearly 14 hours on EK's A380, is a great deal down under.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.