Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

UA: ORD-LAS $199 all in 9/20 9/21 same day turn [Spirit ORD-LAS; Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA: ORD-LAS $199 all in 9/20 9/21 same day turn [Spirit ORD-LAS; Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2010, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
All former Ted aircraft now have an F-cabin, FYI.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, A3 GLD, AC ELT; AA EXP | SPG PLT, PC PLT, Hilton GLD, Hyatt PLT | National EXEC, Hertz 5*
United
Originally Posted by gomike
Who did you fly?
Old Sep 20, 2010, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, A3 GLD, AC ELT; AA EXP | SPG PLT, PC PLT, Hilton GLD, Hyatt PLT | National EXEC, Hertz 5*
6000 EQM, $180 all in. Not bonus counted, no vouchers whatsoever.

The key is not to depart from ORD (although I connected through ORD and flew ORD-LAS eventually since the original routing had delays). I even managed to get upgraded thanks to the "fake" Y class fare
Originally Posted by millsdale
I would also be interested, ORD-LAS has been pricey the last couple of years, at 3cpm. You are not including the 1k mileage bonus in that 3cpm are you?
Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by teddybw
6000 EQM, $180 all in. Not bonus counted, no vouchers whatsoever.

The key is not to depart from ORD (although I connected through ORD and flew ORD-LAS eventually since the original routing had delays). I even managed to get upgraded thanks to the "fake" Y class fare
If you are not departing from ORD, then what is your point of even mentioning ?

OP mention the fare specific target for folks originating from ORD, not anywhere else. You must be originating from the east coast, as just alone ORD-LAS roundtrip, it can only get a little over 3000 EQM, a add on MSP/MKE/DTW would only generate extra 1000 EQM, no way to get 6000 EQM.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Sep 20, 2010 at 10:21 pm
Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
I went to LAS earlier this week at around 3cpm (no vouchers involved) and I am also based around ORD, just FYI.
You misled FTers to believe you had found a lower ORD-LAS fare.

Lower cost per mile to LAS from ANYWHERE VIA ORD is a very different game than ORD-LAS.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:42 pm

I said I am based around ORD. Indeed, I departed from one of the airports you mentioned. I booked the ticket when the routing rule was not tightened, namely you could have up to 10 segments per roundtrip. I did 8, which added up to 6000 EQM quite easily.

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
If you are not departing from ORD, then what is your point of even mentioning ?

OP mention the fare specific target for folks originating from ORD, not anywhere else. You must be originating from the east coast, as just alone ORD-LAS roundtrip, it can only get a little over 3000 EQM, a add on MSP/MKE/DTW would only generate extra 1000 EQM, no way to get 6000 EQM.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:48 pm

Sorry for the confusion. The "ANYWHERE" I came from was close to ORD. That's the whole point.

If one don't bother the hassle to position oneself for a better cpm, fine. I agree $199 for ORD-LAS is a decent fare for these two cities. Too bad it requires direct flight routing only now, otherwise even ORD-SFO/LAX-LAS would be better

Originally Posted by wanaflyforless
You misled FTers to believe you had found a lower ORD-LAS fare.

Lower cost per mile to LAS from ANYWHERE VIA ORD is a very different game than ORD-LAS.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

I said I am based around ORD. Indeed, I departed from one of the airports you mentioned. I booked the ticket when the routing rule was not tightened, namely you could have up to 10 segments per roundtrip. I did 8, which added up to 6000 EQM quite easily.
Did your fare have no advance purchase requirement like this one does?
Old Sep 23, 2010, 7:29 am

Programs: UA *G
-- delete --
Old Sep 25, 2010, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Originally Posted by gomike
Possibly a match to Jetblue ORD-LAS is $199 all in with same day turn. Some flights even still have NF space so 2P and up get instant upgrade!

ONLY AVAILABLE THIS MONDAY, TUESDAY AND SATURDAY

In my case I will get 9084 RDM since I get my 100% RDM bonus for being 1k and I am registered for double RDM from 2009 elite choice.

3x miles = 2.19 cpm
2x miles = 3.29 cpm
1x miles = 6.57 cpm

While the 1x cpm price is high you also have to keep in mind this is a VERY good price since there is no advance purchase requirement.
I just returned from LAS on this fare. Spent 6 hours in vegas and won 300 bucks. Subtracting the airline fare, taxi and parking, I came up even on cost. Hooray. What a great Saturday. Thanks for the tip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.