Wiki Posts
Search

UA: YYZ-BKK $913 ai 10/29-10/31

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2010, 9:14 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by kainalu
Unfortunately that area is in the middle of everything,
You can spend a week in Bangkok and not go to that area. The only cultural appeal it has is Erawan Shrine, and it's shopping mall scene is duplicated in 10 different places in the Bangkok area.

That said, one way or another, what is happening in Bangkok now will be finished long before anyone making a reservation now gets on a plane, unless they are going in the next few days.

The only recommendation I would make is NOT to make a non-refundable hotel reservation. Why? Because I think there will be some deals and offers coming down the way. And hotels will not be full so there is not urgency to book a hotel.

Personally, I am looking forward to another high season that feels like low season.
Old May 17, 2010, 12:52 pm

I looked at AC website got 998ai for YYZ-NRT AC and NRT BKK UA return.
I couldnt find the EQM's but cant be too short on th eYYZ ORD NRT BKK can it?
Old May 17, 2010, 12:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by mtensioners
I looked at AC website got 998ai for YYZ-NRT AC and NRT BKK UA return.
I couldnt find the EQM's but cant be too short on th eYYZ ORD NRT BKK can it?
use this to calculate your miles.

http://www.webflyer.com/travel/mileage_calculator/
Old May 17, 2010, 1:07 pm

tried NOV departures on AC to BKK from YYZ Expedia.ca and it comes up $932 ai but how do I know class to make sure it accrues EQM's AC and UA metal.
Old May 17, 2010, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by why fly

18560EQM for 931 not bad at .05 cpm
If I wanted to stay for a couple of days in BKK or NRT which would be more interesting. Hotels would be on points or free nights so little expense.never been to Asia mostly Europe, NA and HNL
Old May 17, 2010, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, UA 1K, AC 35K, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
tried NOV departures on AC to BKK from YYZ Expedia.ca and it comes up $932 ai but how do I know class to make sure it accrues EQM's AC and UA metal.
Check the fare routing first on ITA software. Then using Expedia book the exact same routing (flight numbers, etc) If you are really nervous, you could always call Expedia and book with an agent. They should have access to this info to assist you. Yes, 0.05 cpm for the run, but if you are elite it will drop it down to 0.04 cpm and if you are superelite, which I know you are not, yet, it drops to 0.02 cpm, which makes it a MR.

In terms of BKK or NRT, well, BKK could be more interesting now but I'm not sure you want to stay there at this particular moment. I'm not sure if a NRT stopover will be allowable on this fare. Have you tried to price this out?

I will say this, from what I've researched, it is a lot cheaper to stay in BKK. However, if you are new to the whole Asia experience you might want to try something tamer first.
Old May 17, 2010, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
18560EQM for 931 not bad at .05 cpm....

That would be 5 cpm ($0.05/mile) -- NOT .05 cpm.

Anyhow, it's only been a few years since even 2 cpm was considered by some FTers to be marginally too much to pay for a mileage run. How things have changed!
Old May 17, 2010, 7:11 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz
Originally Posted by why fly

Thanks for that link!
Old May 17, 2010, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Each airline has its own mileage value for a given route. The WebFlyer calculator is useful as an approximation, but won't necessarily match exactly what UA will give you.

If you do a booking (even just a search -- not a completed booking) on the UA website, it shows you the miles you will earn for each segment. Not rocket science to find this stuff out!

Last edited by KathyWdrf; May 17, 2010 at 9:48 pm
Old May 18, 2010, 11:20 am

thanks for all the info. I have called expedia about a stop they will ahve to get back to me? but AC said yes so I am going to book it thru them.Stop in NRT for a day or two on hotel points not a perfect MR but new experience for me.
Old May 18, 2010, 11:54 am

Programs: BA Silver
Strange I cant get anything close to this in Oct or Nov, from YYC. One would have thought that being that little closer to BKK then YYZ we could at least the same fare??
Old May 18, 2010, 1:29 pm

but AC said yes so I am going to book it thru them.Stop in NRT for a day or two
A fare like this with a stop for a few days in NRT is a real gem! ^
Old May 19, 2010, 12:18 pm

Today, I ended up buying a Sept trip ORD to BKK at $1280 (via a consolidator). Couldn't wait any longer as there was only 1 NC seat available for NRT-ORD and I wanted to grab it. Hope for a fare sale for Nov and Dec trips to BKK.
Old May 21, 2010, 9:43 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Hm, looks like AC fares are up - was as low as 868 last week, even for weekend runs, but no weekends less than 919 + taxes/etc now.
Old May 22, 2010, 12:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Hm, looks like AC fares are up - was as low as 868 last week, even for weekend runs, but no weekends less than 919 + taxes/etc now.
You weren't expecting these prices to stay around forever, were you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.