"Good Deal" premium fares - 2010

"Good Deal" premium fares - 2010

Old Aug 24, 2010, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by izzik
AA I fare
TPA/EYW-YYJ (Victoria, BC)
$377 all in each way.
EYW/TPA-MIA-ORD-LAX-SEA-YYJ
Wow, I think arranged as tpa-dfw-lax-sea-yyj with 1.5 X EQP (I saw this as an A class fare when I booked one on hold) this one flight would meet a Platinum challenge (I am still working out the math, as AA.com does not show miles for AS flights)!! The fare options I am given on AA.com don't include MIA or ORD connections, though, that would earn higher EQP/RDM. Desperately wanting to leave DL and this is my graceful exit without burning up once in a lifetime status matches on OA!! FYI, it looks like this fare is good through end of schedule and has lots of availability both close in and far out for random dates I checked. Thanks, OP!
Old Aug 24, 2010, 5:30 am

Location: 1 hour from Khao Yai, Thailand. No longer Bangkok, China, Taiwan , Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by blueslip
This is from BMI website.

Continental Airlines:
300% for F
200% for C, D, J
100% for Z, Y, B, M, H, K, Q, U, V, G, W, E, S, T, N, L

So, I don't know where you get the assumption that an upgraded B fare on Continental will earn 300% + 25% bonus for BMI Diamond Club. When CO submits the taken flight info to BD, the original booking class will be sent not the upgraded class of service.
He was talking about a US "A" fare which is 3x plus a 25% elite bonus for BD Silver or Gold.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 5:54 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dldkjones
Wow, I think arranged as tpa-dfw-lax-sea-yyj with 1.5 X EQP (I saw this as an A class fare when I booked one on hold) this one flight would meet a Platinum challenge (I am still working out the math, as AA.com does not show miles for AS flights)!! The fare options I am given on AA.com don't include MIA or ORD connections, though, that would earn higher EQP/RDM. Desperately wanting to leave DL and this is my graceful exit without burning up once in a lifetime status matches on OA!! FYI, it looks like this fare is good through end of schedule and has lots of availability both close in and far out for random dates I checked. Thanks, OP!
You can force aa.com to give you the routing by doing multi-city each way:
for example,
TPA-MIA,MIA-ORD, ORD-LAX, LAX-YYJ
Old Aug 24, 2010, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PforPlatinum
At CO.COM regular search.
Depart: 11/20/2010, Return: 11/27/2010 (You can check +/-3 days option)
Go to Advanced Search and type in B at "Enter specific classes of service"

Edit to add: B fare is not First class, it's Economy class with 150% EQM earning and elite instant upgrade.
and just to reiterate, the instant elite upgrade is only confirmable on segments to/from LAX (i.e., EWR/IAH-LAX-HNL), which will be domestic first class service. (There may be a couple of 752s into LAX with BusinessFirst seats, tho not sure if they'll connect well to the HNL flights.) The nonstop from EWR/IAH to HNL as well as the HNL-GUM segments are not upgradeable (without mileage/payment) as the premium cabin on those routes is the BusinessFirst product.
Lastly, the free elite upgrades from B fares are capacity controlled. You essentially need Z inventory to confirm the upgrade. Not typically a problem except on EWR-LAX.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 10:30 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
BD/QR DOH-LHR $1402 R/T in C

BD-coded via MAN: QR-operated DOH-MAN (A330) connecting to BD-operated MAN-LHR. Bookable on Expedia.

This worked for random dates that I tried in September, October, November, and January.

Not the most useful fare, but half the lowest that I have ever seen before on this route.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 10:49 am

Programs: FB Plat, CX Diamond, TK Elite *G, EK Gold, EY Silv, Amex Cent, R&C 5C, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis PC
1179 FRA-JFK-FRA AF ticket (on Delta metal) Business Class

There is a new promotional fare on the the Germain Air France website:

€1179 FRA-JFK-FRA AF ticket (on Delta metal) Business Class

(they had the same for €999 this summer)
Old Aug 24, 2010, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; BA Gold; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ijgordon
and just to reiterate, the instant elite upgrade is only confirmable on segments to/from LAX (i.e., EWR/IAH-LAX-HNL), which will be domestic first class service. (There may be a couple of 752s into LAX with BusinessFirst seats, tho not sure if they'll connect well to the HNL flights.) The nonstop from EWR/IAH to HNL as well as the HNL-GUM segments are not upgradeable (without mileage/payment) as the premium cabin on those routes is the BusinessFirst product.
HNL-GUM should be instant elite upgradeable on the one-stop via MAJ or the five-stop island hopper. So, technically, a CO elite could upgrade all the way from EWR/IAH-LAX-HNL-MAJ-GUM (one hour stop in the middle of the night at MAJ plus a 4:35 a.m. arrival at GUM: ouch!) or EWR/IAH-LAX-HNL-MAJ-KWA-KSA-PNI-TKK-GUM (forced overnight at HNL) by sticking to narrowbody equipment. Of course, we're talking a regular domestic first class seat on these segments. And, you'd need to be a CO elite to be eligible for the instant upgrade.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 3:12 pm

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by mecabq
BD-coded via MAN: QR-operated DOH-MAN (A330) connecting to BD-operated MAN-LHR. Bookable on Expedia.

This worked for random dates that I tried in September, October, November, and January.

Not the most useful fare, but half the lowest that I have ever seen before on this route.
Also seeing on the QR website 1,887 Business r/t LON-SEZ in February 2011 (over valentine's day)
Old Aug 24, 2010, 4:32 pm

Programs: FB Plat lifetimer,BA, US, LH

Too expensive. Expedia.de sells this trip for 708 EUR rt, which makes appr. USD 900,00. Books in class C.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 5:45 pm

ORD-GUA in J $539 (12k+EQM, 13 EQS) on CM/CO

I fly to GUA often, so I'm aware of a $219 one-way fare on CM that books into D (1.5 and double EQM/EQS on CO and CM respectively, and 125%, 150% Base Miles on CO, CM respectively).

You can book this in many ways ORD-MCO/IAH/EWR- PTY-XXX-GUA.

The XXX could be SAL/MGA/SJO or even a combination of them for more segments.

The lowest price I've found was through MCO (UA) going: ORD-MCO-PTY-MGA-GUA-PTY-MCO-ORD for $539 AI.

There seems to be ways of adding a couple of more segments if creative (x segment bonus) for similar or slightly higher price. It looks like you could even double back thru GUA again if you want to spend more than one night en-route.

My initerary was in the neighbourhood of 4.5c/EQM plus the joys of sitting up from/lounge access.

These were constructed on ITA, and I have priced/bought something similar before on Orbtiz.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by Mennix
Too expensive. Expedia.de sells this trip for 708 EUR rt, which makes appr. USD 900,00. Books in class C.
That's really a great deal. Can you please provide some sample dates? I tried the same dates that gave me USD 1400 or so on Expedia.com on Expedia.de and didn't come close.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
Originally Posted by dominick
I fly to GUA often, so I'm aware of a $219 one-way fare on CM that books into D (1.5 and double EQM/EQS on CO and CM respectively, and 125%, 150% Base Miles on CO, CM respectively).

You can book this in many ways ORD-MCO/IAH/EWR- PTY-XXX-GUA.

The XXX could be SAL/MGA/SJO or even a combination of them for more segments.

The lowest price I've found was through MCO (UA) going: ORD-MCO-PTY-MGA-GUA-PTY-MCO-ORD for $539 AI.

There seems to be ways of adding a couple of more segments if creative (x segment bonus) for similar or slightly higher price. It looks like you could even double back thru GUA again if you want to spend more than one night en-route.

My initerary was in the neighbourhood of 4.5c/EQM plus the joys of sitting up from/lounge access.

These were constructed on ITA, and I have priced/bought something similar before on Orbtiz.
is this fare eligible for UA eqms?
Old Aug 24, 2010, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Originally Posted by AlexanderCDG
Hello All,

I just wanted to share the following deal in case of any interest.

http://www.airfrance.de/DE/de/local/...s/jv-promo.htm
Here is another posting of this fare has been merged to this Premium Fares thread, from a few hours ago.
Originally Posted by fredsxb
There is a new promotional fare on the the Germain Air France website:

€1179 FRA-JFK-FRA AF ticket (on Delta metal) Business Class

(they had the same for €999 this summer)
Cheers,
BiziBB, Moderator Mileage Run forums
Old Aug 25, 2010, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by ordogg
is this fare eligible for UA eqms?
I'm not as familiar with UA, but I do not think CM is a partner of theirs. You should though on the CO-coded segements.
CM allows EQM to CO.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 8:10 am

Programs: FB Plat lifetimer,BA, US, LH
That's really a great deal. Can you please provide some sample dates? I tried the same dates that gave me USD 1400 or so on Expedia.com on Expedia.de and didn't come close.
I tried November 17 - 25 on Expedia.de. Today it says 721 EUR, but anyway a great deal! Works also on Opodo.de for 726 EUR.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.