Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

"Good Deal" premium fares - 2010

"Good Deal" premium fares - 2010

Old Aug 4, 2010, 7:23 pm
  #871  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: OOL
Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Posts: 3,659
Originally Posted by flying_q
P LAX-RAR in J for various dates in Sept and October is only $2178.
Persons of Size need not apply - this isn't NZ's wonderful business premier and you can't go via AKL, it's only available on the weekly direct NZ19 with regional C in the 767 which has those narrow high-sided C seats.

And RAR locals tend to be of a very solid build, have seen guests in these C seats who did not need seat belts as they were firmly wedged in.
harryhv is offline  
Old Aug 4, 2010, 7:39 pm
  #872  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 712
Originally Posted by harryhv
Persons of Size need not apply - this isn't NZ's wonderful business premier and you can't go via AKL, it's only available on the weekly direct NZ19 with regional C in the 767 which has those narrow high-sided C seats.

And RAR locals tend to be of a very solid build, have seen guests in these C seats who did not need seat belts as they were firmly wedged in.
This fare has also been previously mentioned on this thread when it was in the $1600 range all-in last month. The seats will only be marginally better than PE.
riced is offline  
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:58 pm
  #873  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SAN
Programs: A3 Blue, SPG
Posts: 78
Smile New J seat Nov 1st.

Originally Posted by FedUp2
Please do remember to come back and tell us how your Business Class experience on MS went.
I thought about using MS routing BKK-CAI-JFK in C class, however I heard, and have read the stories about how inferior the product is.

But with MS implementing their new 777-300ER JFK-CAI on 11.01, it would be nice to try it out. The new seats look nice.
AA764 is offline  
Old Aug 4, 2010, 11:26 pm
  #874  
Moderator, Hilton Honors
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: on a short leash
Programs: some
Posts: 71,425
Originally Posted by harryhv
Persons of Size need not apply - this isn't NZ's wonderful business premier and you can't go via AKL, it's only available on the weekly direct NZ19 with regional C in the 767 which has those narrow high-sided C seats.

And RAR locals tend to be of a very solid build, have seen guests in these C seats who did not need seat belts as they were firmly wedged in.
777 is used in peak season (ie Christmas / New Year period) and otherwise from time to time on this route.
Kiwi Flyer is offline  
Old Aug 5, 2010, 12:54 pm
  #875  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ADQ
Programs: Alaska Air
Posts: 456
TIJ-MEX-LIM $1542 r/t a/i

On Aeromexico and LanPeru. Seems pretty good.
wildway is offline  
Old Aug 6, 2010, 4:22 am
  #876  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: AA PLT
Posts: 90
BA Club World : R/T FCO-HKG 1557 ($2473) various dates in Sept / Oct

My first fare post so don't be too scathing please.

LHR-HKG on BA is $4440 but if you go FCO-LHR-HKG it's a lot cheaper.

Nice fare for a quality J product.
Jeffers8 is offline  
Old Aug 6, 2010, 4:33 am
  #877  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: BRU
Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Posts: 2,641
Originally Posted by Jeffers8
My first fare post so don't be too scathing please.

LHR-HKG on BA is $4440 but if you go FCO-LHR-HKG it's a lot cheaper.

Nice fare for a quality J product.
Good fare indeed. Just to let you know that these fares (there is a plethora of such "good deals" on BA from continental European points) are well known in the BA Forum (see several ex-EU threads).
nomad1974 is offline  
Old Aug 6, 2010, 4:38 am
  #878  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: AA PLT
Posts: 90
Originally Posted by nomad1974
Good fare indeed. Just to let you know that these fares (there is a plethora of such "good deals" on BA from continental European points) are well known in the BA Forum (see several ex-EU threads).
Thanks I will check as I tried this trick for some destinations in the US and it didn't work as well.
Jeffers8 is offline  
Old Aug 6, 2010, 4:42 am
  #879  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: BRU
Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Posts: 2,641
Originally Posted by Jeffers8
Thanks I will check as I tried this trick for some destinations in the US and it didn't work as well.
I think it mostly works for Asia. And mostly ex-IT, NL, SE. But more info in the BA Forum.
nomad1974 is offline  
Old Aug 6, 2010, 4:48 pm
  #880  
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 6,586
ho ho ho
DFW-xSFO-PVR
$390+ one-way
UA business class (domestic F)
books into Z
Colin is offline  
Old Aug 7, 2010, 9:38 pm
  #881  
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: NYC
Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Posts: 5,611
Originally Posted by Colin
ho ho ho
DFW-xSFO-PVR
$390+ one-way
UA business class (domestic F)
books into Z
gone, just missed it. had an out on boxing day but tried for a return and lost the outbound
Cheers
BDLORD is offline  
Old Aug 7, 2010, 11:23 pm
  #882  
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: YVR
Programs: AC SEMM
Posts: 2,078
Originally Posted by BDLORD
gone, just missed it. had an out on boxing day but tried for a return and lost the outbound
Cheers
Fare is still available...
Also available on CO and MX slightly cheaper - but different routing

Last edited by Argonaut1000; Aug 16, 2010 at 10:28 pm
Argonaut1000 is offline  
Old Aug 8, 2010, 2:50 am
  #883  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Seoul, Korea
Programs: OZ Diamond, KE Morning Calm, SPG Gold, Hyatt DIA...when I fly domestic I always fly CO or UA! yay
Posts: 91
Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
Fare is still available...
Also available on CO and MX slightly cheaper - but not the same routing
fare not available...most fares are more than 3500+

is this fare on united.com?
jamsoh is offline  
Old Aug 8, 2010, 3:45 am
  #884  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,348
Are you looking at PVR... or PVG..
trooper is offline  
Old Aug 8, 2010, 6:53 am
  #885  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Seoul, Korea
Programs: OZ Diamond, KE Morning Calm, SPG Gold, Hyatt DIA...when I fly domestic I always fly CO or UA! yay
Posts: 91
Originally Posted by trooper
Are you looking at PVR... or PVG..
haha my bad guys

^^
jamsoh is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.