Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

"Good Deal" premium fares - 2010

"Good Deal" premium fares - 2010

Old Aug 1, 2010, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
too bad the FLL-LAX fare is on Scaryways, why can't UA match this FLL-PHL-LAX-PHL-FLL can be done in one for for $720 and >20k EQM and 42k RDM on BD. Tempting, but then I'd have to put up with a lot of US flying.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
I can find it w/o any problem Almost every day is available. Check on Continental.com and use flex day search if necessary. Best is to check on ITA first.
It is LAX/SEA-EWR-CLT. The OP might have suggested to use it as a SEA-EWR or LAX-EWR o/w and ditch the last segment
Originally Posted by ps9a
The fare is to CLT from SFO/LAX/SEA via EWR. Looks like a shot at US for some reason. FWIW, US seems to have retaliated with cheap F fares into IAH (via PHX). Neither option is particularly enticing to me.
Thank guys for your help. I found it.

cheers.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ps9a
The fare is to CLT from SFO/LAX/SEA via EWR. Looks like a shot at US for some reason.
I have to wonder about that - would make more sense then to restrict the routing to via IAH/CLE only, since I think the F yields on the SFO/LAX-EWR segments are pretty high. Doesn't make sense to me for CO to be giving those away at such a bargain. That said, this fare books into "Z" inventory, which can be very restricted on the LAX/SFO transcons. Looking the week of 9/12 on EWR-LAX, for example, only 9 of 41 flights that week have any Z inventory (~20%) and there are some days that have no flights at all with Z.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Wow. Fantastic

Originally Posted by Colin
One, two, three, four.
CO has declarded an internecine fare war.
LAX-xEWR-CLT
$370 one-way
752 first class -- fully flat bed
refundable
Great find! Thank you!

The only problem for me is: What is there to do in Charlotte?
Old Aug 2, 2010, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
ORD-BCN Business Class

Sorry if this has been posted, but I see availability from ORD to BCN in August in Business for $1385 a.i. Seems a good value and BCN is a great city. Flights are on Air Pakistan.
Dave
Old Aug 2, 2010, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by SFflyer123
The only problem for me is: What is there to do in Charlotte?
Absolutely NOTHING making this offer strictly a MR.

I've been to Charlotte once and hated every minute of it. I don't think I will ever return to that city. And oh, avoid Westin Charlotte as it seems to be the only "cool" hotel so all the local people come there to party.

The LAX-EWR-CLT has always been available. Nothing's new. CO has always offered EWR routing to CLT.

Now a better offer was a couple of months ago when UA/CO had the LAX-DEN Z/A fare for $420. They allowed routing LAX-CLE-DEN. Now that was a great fare
Old Aug 2, 2010, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Colin
One, two, three, four.
CO has declarded an internecine fare war.
LAX-xEWR-CLT
$370 one-way
752 first class -- fully flat bed
refundable
Attention, it books into Z class, which give you just a x1.0 multiplier at several FFPs (e.g. BMI)....
Old Aug 2, 2010, 11:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, CX Dia, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by cfischer
I can find it w/o any problem Almost every day is available. Check on Continental.com and use flex day search if necessary. Best is to check on ITA first.
It is LAX/SEA-EWR-CLT. The OP might have suggested to use it as a SEA-EWR or LAX-EWR o/w and ditch the last segment
Can you legally ditch a segment without getting in trouble?
Old Aug 2, 2010, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sjmoss23
Can you legally ditch a segment without getting in trouble?
As long as it is the last segment, you don't check luggage, and don't make a habit of the practice, you won't have any problem.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
I have to wonder about that - would make more sense then to restrict the routing to via IAH/CLE only, since I think the F yields on the SFO/LAX-EWR segments are pretty high. Doesn't make sense to me for CO to be giving those away at such a bargain. That said, this fare books into "Z" inventory, which can be very restricted on the LAX/SFO transcons. Looking the week of 9/12 on EWR-LAX, for example, only 9 of 41 flights that week have any Z inventory (~20%) and there are some days that have no flights at all with Z.
As long as they are giving them away, might as well take advantage..

Last edited by dmitriy1; Aug 4, 2010 at 4:56 pm
Old Aug 2, 2010, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
I've been to Charlotte once and hated every minute of it.
You're right. This sounds like purely an MR. I was thinking that I coudl use this, then take a CLT to JFK or a fun place for a weekend, also. But that would just be too painful. Especially since I don't need the miles...
Old Aug 3, 2010, 10:30 am

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HH DIAMOND, IHG PLAT, RYANAIR NO OTHER OPTION FLYER
Swiss ex UK biz sale eg Miami/Johannesburg $2600 A/I

Premium Fares thread currently closed. May be of interest to someone in Star Alliance. Ex London to New York 1473, Shanghai 1509, Johannesburg & Miami around 1638 rtn (c $2600). Until end August. Havent checked code or availabilities. See: http://booking.swiss.com/web/Offers/...ntry=GB&lang=1
Old Aug 3, 2010, 10:40 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Okay, time to reopen this thread. I've deleted a few posts on the last few pages. Whenever you notice a remark you find offensive/insensitive/trolling/etc, please click the red triangle ("report bad post") to alert the moderators. It is not helpful to comment on such posts, or to attack people on-thread, as this makes things messy, gets threads closed, and increases our workload. Thanks!

--jpdx, MR Moderator
Old Aug 3, 2010, 11:08 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA MM 1K, UK Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb
Can we collect miles flown on PIA on *A/Skyteam or One World? Then the ORD-BCN is good MR.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 11:12 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by specialeffects
Can we collect miles flown on PIA on *A/Skyteam or One World? Then the ORD-BCN is good MR.
Nope. PIA are not a member of any alliance, nor, AFAIK, are they partners in any other airline's FFP. You can earn miles only in their own programme.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.