Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

"Good Deal" premium fares - 2010

"Good Deal" premium fares - 2010

Old Aug 1, 2010, 10:40 am
  #841  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOS/EAP
Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Posts: 32,696
too bad the FLL-LAX fare is on Scaryways, why can't UA match this FLL-PHL-LAX-PHL-FLL can be done in one for for $720 and >20k EQM and 42k RDM on BD. Tempting, but then I'd have to put up with a lot of US flying.
cfischer is offline  
Old Aug 1, 2010, 10:48 am
  #842  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,946
Originally Posted by cfischer
I can find it w/o any problem Almost every day is available. Check on Continental.com and use flex day search if necessary. Best is to check on ITA first.
It is LAX/SEA-EWR-CLT. The OP might have suggested to use it as a SEA-EWR or LAX-EWR o/w and ditch the last segment
Originally Posted by ps9a
The fare is to CLT from SFO/LAX/SEA via EWR. Looks like a shot at US for some reason. FWIW, US seems to have retaliated with cheap F fares into IAH (via PHX). Neither option is particularly enticing to me.
Thank guys for your help. I found it.

cheers.
mileageking is offline  
Old Aug 1, 2010, 11:57 am
  #843  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 27,407
Originally Posted by ps9a
The fare is to CLT from SFO/LAX/SEA via EWR. Looks like a shot at US for some reason.
I have to wonder about that - would make more sense then to restrict the routing to via IAH/CLE only, since I think the F yields on the SFO/LAX-EWR segments are pretty high. Doesn't make sense to me for CO to be giving those away at such a bargain. That said, this fare books into "Z" inventory, which can be very restricted on the LAX/SFO transcons. Looking the week of 9/12 on EWR-LAX, for example, only 9 of 41 flights that week have any Z inventory (~20%) and there are some days that have no flights at all with Z.
ijgordon is offline  
Old Aug 1, 2010, 12:29 pm
  #844  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 4,449
Wow. Fantastic

Originally Posted by Colin
One, two, three, four.
CO has declarded an internecine fare war.
LAX-xEWR-CLT
$370 one-way
752 first class -- fully flat bed
refundable
Great find! Thank you!

The only problem for me is: What is there to do in Charlotte?
SFflyer123 is offline  
Old Aug 2, 2010, 8:27 am
  #845  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: SPI
Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Posts: 18,147
ORD-BCN Business Class

Sorry if this has been posted, but I see availability from ORD to BCN in August in Business for $1385 a.i. Seems a good value and BCN is a great city. Flights are on Air Pakistan.
Dave
bseller is offline  
Old Aug 2, 2010, 9:33 am
  #846  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles & Orange County, CA
Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Posts: 23,822
Originally Posted by SFflyer123
The only problem for me is: What is there to do in Charlotte?
Absolutely NOTHING making this offer strictly a MR.

I've been to Charlotte once and hated every minute of it. I don't think I will ever return to that city. And oh, avoid Westin Charlotte as it seems to be the only "cool" hotel so all the local people come there to party.

The LAX-EWR-CLT has always been available. Nothing's new. CO has always offered EWR routing to CLT.

Now a better offer was a couple of months ago when UA/CO had the LAX-DEN Z/A fare for $420. They allowed routing LAX-CLE-DEN. Now that was a great fare
BlissWorld is offline  
Old Aug 2, 2010, 9:34 am
  #847  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 58
Originally Posted by Colin
One, two, three, four.
CO has declarded an internecine fare war.
LAX-xEWR-CLT
$370 one-way
752 first class -- fully flat bed
refundable
Attention, it books into Z class, which give you just a x1.0 multiplier at several FFPs (e.g. BMI)....
HouseBrand is offline  
Old Aug 2, 2010, 11:41 am
  #848  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York City
Programs: UA 1K, CX Dia, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Dia
Posts: 385
Originally Posted by cfischer
I can find it w/o any problem Almost every day is available. Check on Continental.com and use flex day search if necessary. Best is to check on ITA first.
It is LAX/SEA-EWR-CLT. The OP might have suggested to use it as a SEA-EWR or LAX-EWR o/w and ditch the last segment
Can you legally ditch a segment without getting in trouble?
dvo1029 is offline  
Old Aug 2, 2010, 12:18 pm
  #849  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver DEN-APA
Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 21,727
Originally Posted by sjmoss23
Can you legally ditch a segment without getting in trouble?
As long as it is the last segment, you don't check luggage, and don't make a habit of the practice, you won't have any problem.
SFO777 is offline  
Old Aug 2, 2010, 5:55 pm
  #850  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 32
Originally Posted by ijgordon
I have to wonder about that - would make more sense then to restrict the routing to via IAH/CLE only, since I think the F yields on the SFO/LAX-EWR segments are pretty high. Doesn't make sense to me for CO to be giving those away at such a bargain. That said, this fare books into "Z" inventory, which can be very restricted on the LAX/SFO transcons. Looking the week of 9/12 on EWR-LAX, for example, only 9 of 41 flights that week have any Z inventory (~20%) and there are some days that have no flights at all with Z.
As long as they are giving them away, might as well take advantage..

Last edited by dmitriy1; Aug 4, 2010 at 4:56 pm
dmitriy1 is offline  
Old Aug 2, 2010, 9:45 pm
  #851  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 4,449
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
I've been to Charlotte once and hated every minute of it.
You're right. This sounds like purely an MR. I was thinking that I coudl use this, then take a CLT to JFK or a fun place for a weekend, also. But that would just be too painful. Especially since I don't need the miles...
SFflyer123 is offline  
Old Aug 3, 2010, 10:30 am
  #852  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Programs: AA EXPLAT, HH DIAMOND, IHG PLAT, RYANAIR NO OTHER OPTION FLYER
Posts: 386
Swiss ex UK biz sale eg Miami/Johannesburg $2600 A/I

Premium Fares thread currently closed. May be of interest to someone in Star Alliance. Ex London to New York 1473, Shanghai 1509, Johannesburg & Miami around 1638 rtn (c $2600). Until end August. Havent checked code or availabilities. See: http://booking.swiss.com/web/Offers/...ntry=GB&lang=1
carbonaddict is offline  
Old Aug 3, 2010, 10:40 am
  #853  
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,976
Okay, time to reopen this thread. I've deleted a few posts on the last few pages. Whenever you notice a remark you find offensive/insensitive/trolling/etc, please click the red triangle ("report bad post") to alert the moderators. It is not helpful to comment on such posts, or to attack people on-thread, as this makes things messy, gets threads closed, and increases our workload. Thanks!

--jpdx, MR Moderator
jpdx is online now  
Old Aug 3, 2010, 11:08 am
  #854  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PHX
Programs: AA Gold, UA MM 1K, UK Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb
Posts: 397
Can we collect miles flown on PIA on *A/Skyteam or One World? Then the ORD-BCN is good MR.
specialeffects is offline  
Old Aug 3, 2010, 11:12 am
  #855  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: BRU
Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Posts: 2,641
Originally Posted by specialeffects
Can we collect miles flown on PIA on *A/Skyteam or One World? Then the ORD-BCN is good MR.
Nope. PIA are not a member of any alliance, nor, AFAIK, are they partners in any other airline's FFP. You can earn miles only in their own programme.
nomad1974 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.