Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

"Good Deal" premium fares - 2010

"Good Deal" premium fares - 2010

Old Jul 31, 2010, 12:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by joejones
BKK-CAI-JFK-CAI-BKK on MS (J class) is currently pricing at $2,260 all-in around the holidays (fare code JSAURTMS). Yes, it's a dry airline, but that's over 20,000 miles in paid J...
When you're done with your trip you'll realize you paid $2,259 too much. MS J on the 777 is that bad.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 12:54 am

That's a good CO fare alright... too bad it credits to other programs as Business rather than First!!!
Old Jul 31, 2010, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Having personally flown SQ Suite on the A380, as well other top notch carriers in F like OZ, LH, LX, TK, JL, NH, I can tell you that while SQ F or Suite on the A380 are excellent, I don't think I am willing to pull a $7100 trigger.
I wouldn't do it all the time but I need my SQ fix every couple of years. And the only way to get it, especially when you need two seats and want 77Ws, is to buy it. And we do get 28,000 EQMs.

Also, who would seriously put TK in the "top notch" category?
Old Jul 31, 2010, 6:19 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by justforfun
When you're done with your trip you'll realize you paid $2,259 too much. MS J on the 777 is that bad.
So you know a way to get from BKK to JFK and back for $1?! I'd be very interested, even if it's OT
Old Jul 31, 2010, 8:45 am
Suspended

For those of us who have not had the pleasure of experiencing MS/J on their 777, please do tell how and why it is so bad - besides the lack of booze, that is.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by trooper
That's a good CO fare alright... too bad it credits to other programs as Business rather than First!!!
Well, by any international standard, it IS business and not first...
Old Jul 31, 2010, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
That's plane silly

The old MS 777 is a long way from top-notch, but it's a healthy step up from economy-class. In November/December you should get the NEW 777 on CAI JFK, and that is top class. Still dry, if that's a concern, but flat-bedded etc etc
Old Jul 31, 2010, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Colin
One, two, three, four.
CO has declarded an internecine fare war.
LAX-xEWR-CLT
$370 one-way
752 first class -- fully flat bed
refundable
CO's 752 fleet is only about 40% through the retrofitting of the flat beds in Business/First Class. The only routes where they are guaranteed are EWR-LHR, and that's 3-4 daily flights on the 752. So as of now, you'd probably have a less than 40% chance of getting them on any other route. The alternative is 55" pitch old-style recliner (2x2), which is still pretty good for a transcon flight. And the catering on this route is probably the best you'll get on a domestic U.S. flight.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
CO's 752 fleet is only about 40% through the retrofitting of the flat beds in Business/First Class. The only routes where they are guaranteed are EWR-LHR, and that's 3-4 daily flights on the 752. So as of now, you'd probably have a less than 40% chance of getting them on any other route. The alternative is 55" pitch old-style recliner (2x2), which is still pretty good for a transcon flight. And the catering on this route is probably the best you'll get on a domestic U.S. flight.
Fare available until end of schedule. Think summer 11. It will be flat.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
One, two, three, four.
CO has declarded an internecine fare war.
LAX-xEWR-CLT
$370 one-way
752 first class -- fully flat bed
refundable
nice, SEA as well
Old Aug 1, 2010, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fare available until end of schedule. Think summer 11. It will be flat.
Scheduled completion of the flat bed roll-out on the 752 fleet isn't until July 2011. And then there's no guarantee that they'll even be flying these aircraft on this route; there are only 2x daily right now (of 7x total flights).

It may be flat.

Last edited by ijgordon; Aug 1, 2010 at 10:25 am Reason: typo
Old Aug 1, 2010, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFO777
Also, who would seriously put TK in the "top notch" category?
By most reports, it is pretty top-notch. The aircraft are leased from Jet Airways and the FC seats are suites with sliding doors a la Emirates, so among the best out there. The catering looks pretty good, including caviar. You can search on AirlineMeals.net, there are 2 recent posts of the first and second services on IST-JFK. I'm not sure about the wine/liquor selection.

Unfortunately, they only offer it on 3 aircraft (their 777-300ERs) and a few routes (JFK-IST is one).
Old Aug 1, 2010, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
nice, SEA as well
I can't find this fare (LAX/SEA-EWR) on any xped, orb or con's own website. Any help will be appreciated.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by 1K+
I can't find this fare (LAX/SEA-EWR) on any xped, orb or con's own website. Any help will be appreciated.
I can find it w/o any problem Almost every day is available. Check on Continental.com and use flex day search if necessary. Best is to check on ITA first.
It is LAX/SEA-EWR-CLT. The OP might have suggested to use it as a SEA-EWR or LAX-EWR o/w and ditch the last segment
Old Aug 1, 2010, 10:37 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by 1K+
The fare is to CLT from SFO/LAX/SEA via EWR. Looks like a shot at US for some reason. FWIW, US seems to have retaliated with cheap F fares into IAH (via PHX). Neither option is particularly enticing to me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.