Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AS:PDX-SEA-BOS RT 5,974 EQM,4 EQS for $348.40 (under 6cpm) - Is this any good?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2009, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, A3 Gold, AA EXP, AB Gold, AmEx Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz Cinco Estrella

Alaska's fares to Boston are currently as low as $153 each way before fees and tax, which makes for a reasonably nice MR, but only if you can work in the PDX-SEA legs that add another 500 EQM coming and going. The lowest fare is offered for Jan through Mar 2010 on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday. I know there are MRs out there that cost a lot less CPM, but not on AS/QX metal. If I end up doing this I may even pack it all into one day.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 1:06 pm

Programs: Alaska Air
SEA-PDX-ORD for $280 a/i is pretty good, if you register for the double miles promotion between PDX and ORD. That would get you 7936 miles, 3.5 cpm.

If you're based in PDX, it's $260 for the PDX-ORD-PDX. Yields 6936 miles in total.

The double mile promo ends 1/31, and of course you have to register ahead of time.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, A3 Gold, AA EXP, AB Gold, AmEx Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz Cinco Estrella
The double miles between PDX and ORD don't look like they'll be counted as EQM:

<http://www.alaskaair.com/www2/Promo/Registration/PromoEntry.aspx?pid=20090813MPREG>
"Double Miles do not count toward MVP or MVP Gold status."
Old Dec 30, 2009, 4:34 pm

Programs: DL-PM, HHonors-Silver, Marriott-Gold
It's good but i have seen the $240 fare for this route last month.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 7:00 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by datapants
Alaska's fares to Boston are currently as low as $153 each way before fees and tax, which makes for a reasonably nice MR, but only if you can work in the PDX-SEA legs that add another 500 EQM coming and going. The lowest fare is offered for Jan through Mar 2010 on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday. I know there are MRs out there that cost a lot less CPM, but not on AS/QX metal. If I end up doing this I may even pack it all into one day.
Assuming you don't mind flying a bit more, you'd probably do better MR-ing on an AS partner like DL.

At 6 cpm, it costs $1,200 to make MVP on AS with 20K miles on AS metal. However, if you do 25K on DL at 4 cpm you earn the same status for only $1,000, plus you'd earn 5,000 more RDMs. Once AS and DL get their reciprocal upgrades online sometime this spring, you may even have a shot at sitting up front on DL.

Even without the upgrade system in place, your AS status goes further on DL than on any of the other AS partners.

Last edited by hgdf; Dec 30, 2009 at 7:11 pm
Old Dec 30, 2009, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by lepdx
It's good but i have seen the $240 fare for this route last month.
I got BOS-PDX-BOS for 221.20 ai for valentines day weekend 2010 during the last sale. For all of 2009 i rarely paid as much as $350 for BOS-PDX. Not a good deal for this route at this point. Wait until later. The fare has gone down since last week when it $189. last year around this time it at was $129 each way

Last edited by CDKing; Dec 30, 2009 at 8:41 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.