Wiki Posts
Search

UA: SYD-SFO-EWR-SYD, AU$1120.52 ai

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2009, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA
UA: SYD-SFO-EWR-SYD, AU$1120.52 ai

If you're in Oz and looking to head to the US - this fare sale will get you across the country cheaper than just to CA. (You have to go through the UA Australia site.) There's a free stopover in either LA or SFO.

19,964 miles x DEQM promo = 39,928.

What's hilarious about this is that the cheapest r/t SYD-SFO direct flight is $1146.

(Any suggestions on how to make this even more convoluted to rack up the miles?)
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:56 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP
Dates?
Old Nov 6, 2009, 11:33 pm
Suspended

W class or higher?
Old Nov 7, 2009, 1:19 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by airphone
W class or higher?
That would also be my question...
Old Nov 7, 2009, 1:30 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by airphone
W class or higher?
This is SYD we're talking about - of course it's not W!

Although amazingly, the W fare isn't too much more - A$1120 for L, or A$1280 for W on some sample dates I looked at in December. MEL is slightly less. Sale ends December 9th.

Not good prices for a MR, but not too bad for SYD/MEL in December.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 1:38 am

As to dates, the fare rules say:

PERMITTED 17JAN 10 THROUGH 31MAR 10 ON THE OUTBOUND TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 11:32 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by levelnine
As to dates, the fare rules say:

PERMITTED 17JAN 10 THROUGH 31MAR 10 ON THE OUTBOUND TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.
That's for LKAUS5. There's also LKAUS4 which is the same price :

PERMITTED 02JUL 09 THROUGH 09DEC 09 ON THE OUTBOUND TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 2:19 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by docbert
This is SYD we're talking about - of course it's not W!

Although amazingly, the W fare isn't too much more - A$1120 for L, or A$1280 for W on some sample dates I looked at in December. MEL is slightly less. Sale ends December 9th.

Not good prices for a MR, but not too bad for SYD/MEL in December.
for W fare?
really
can you share specific sample dates please
expertflyer isn't pulling up anything, nor .bomb
Old Nov 7, 2009, 11:01 pm
Original Poster

Sorry about not including the dates or the class. (I'm still learning!) I have found it for multiple dates. For example: SYD-LAX-ORD-EWR-ORD-LAX-SYD for 2 Dec - 9 Dec, L class. I found the same fares via ITA when I did the month-long search for a 6-8 day stay. (If you're looking for them on .bomb, you have to make sure you are on the Australian website.) As far as I can tell, you have to either be done with the trip by 9 Dec to get any flights, or hang-out in the US until February. I can't help you out with any other classes/fares as I don't have access to ExpertFlyer right now.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 11:14 pm

Programs: XP AA, ◊ HGP, PL SPG, 1K UA
Not MR worthy by US mr-market standards, maybe standards are different for our fellow flyers in downunder.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 3:44 am
In Memoriam

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Cheerfulflyer
Not MR worthy by US mr-market standards, maybe standards are different for our fellow flyers in downunder.
No, even we have our standards, I completely aggree it's not MR pricing as we saw from April onwards this year. The "pricewar" has gone quiet lately and fares have remained stable.

Mind you they are still way way more affordable than we have seen in years.

Hard to predict (and there has been much discussion) who will blink first and get some MR joy happening
Old Nov 8, 2009, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

I still daydream about the April fares. But, in terms of last-minute DEQM fares before the 15 Dec deadline, it's the best I've found. I'd love to know if anyone has found anything better departing SYD. Please!
Old Nov 9, 2009, 3:18 am

Programs: A3, AA, AF, AS, BA, SQ, UA, US, IHG, SPG
How much was the April fare? I paid AU$911 all-in for SYD-SFO-BOS return in September. That sale included ALL USA cities UA serves so I could have flown to San Juan, Puerto Rico!

I am looking at pulling a trigger on this - I should have bought it back in September. Still cheaper than AU$1120 if I add on the date change fee.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 3:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by seacliffs
But, in terms of last-minute DEQM fares before the 15 Dec deadline, it's the best I've found. I'd love to know if anyone has found anything better departing SYD. Please!
I've just purchased SYD-NYC-SYD (via various places, for AUD 1120 or so). L class of course. Some domestic flights already upgraded.

I just felt I had to do this to get 2 more SWU's. Will end up at 387,000 EQM for the year (and that's IT!).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.