Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Anyone flown to or from the new Detroit airport terminal yet?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2008, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

If so whats it like?
Old Nov 11, 2008, 12:19 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Am moving this thread to the FT Midwest Forum (which includes Michigan). You may also want to have a look at the NW Forum.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Nov 11, 2008, 12:43 am
Original Poster

sorry i didnt see michigan so i didnt know where it went
Old Nov 11, 2008, 6:55 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by SURGEADDICT
sorry i didnt see michigan so i didnt know where it went
It's the surest way that no one will see the thread...

I haven't flown in/out yet, but I have been inside it during the preview... I can answer questions about the inside, but not flight Ops.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I have been flown into DTW for 1 time where I am connection the flight to MEM then continuing to TPA. DTW new terminal is absolutely great. I rode on the trams from upstairs by above the departure gate areas. I am really like it lot. It was for my first time where I flown into DTW. I'm sure if I will stay in DTW sometime in the future.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 4:59 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by N830MH
I have been flown into DTW for 1 time where I am connection the flight to MEM then continuing to TPA. DTW new terminal is absolutely great. I rode on the trams from upstairs by above the departure gate areas. I am really like it lot. It was for my first time where I flown into DTW. I'm sure if I will stay in DTW sometime in the future.
I think the OP is looking for info on the new North terminal. It looks like you are describing the 7 year old (though still feels new!) McNamara terminal where Northwest and Delta reside.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

yup the nO0RTH TEREMINAL
Old Nov 14, 2008, 2:32 pm

Yes, and it has an eerie likeness to IAD.

Originally Posted by SURGEADDICT
If so whats it like?
Old Nov 15, 2008, 4:34 pm

It's a 500% improvement over the old Smith terminal, but nowhere near as nice as the McNamara. Restaurant choices are better, it's very light. But it's a very long haul to the far gates.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 4:23 pm

Programs: CO-Plat, DL-Gold
Originally Posted by candaceg
It's a 500% improvement over the old Smith terminal, but nowhere near as nice as the McNamara. Restaurant choices are better, it's very light. But it's a very long haul to the far gates.
Interesting - I actually thought that the terminal felt teeny, particularly compared to McNamara. Passengers come in through security across from gates 16 or 18, and with 32 gates, you're right in the middle. Even getting to the far ends of the terminal takes 8 minutes, max.

Regarding the food, I'm loving the paninis at Le Boulanger. The mozzarella, basil, and tomato sandwich is great, despite the hefty price tag.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 12:58 pm

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
NOTHING, I repeat, nothing could be as bad as that old terminal.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:58 pm

I've been there a couple times. It's not bad but made very cheaply. It is also more spread out then the old one.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat- 2MM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold\
i honestly thought i was on the wrong plane when i landed at the new dtw for the first time. 1000% times better. clean and bright. moving walkways. plenty of food options. yes the walk to the aa gates can take a few minutes, but thats my only gripe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.