Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel by Hard Rock resteraunt

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2007, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Question Hotel by Hard Rock resteraunt

There is an older motel type of place by the Hard Rock but I can not think of the name of it. My travel plans have changed a bit for this summer and will need to come into Chicago a couple days before and things are a bit pricey for the extra couple of days. I've seen the motel type place and am ready for what I am getting no biggie, just need a place to lay the head and wash up. Thanks for the help.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think it's the Ohio House Motel...600 North LaSalle. I'd say "enjoy" but I don't think that's appropriate...
Old Apr 10, 2007, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by UNITED959
I think it's the Ohio House Motel...600 North LaSalle. I'd say "enjoy" but I don't think that's appropriate...
Thanks United959! That is the place. ^ I know it isn't the Ritz from the past reviews but it is just for a couple nights and I am familiar with the area. A big plus is it's just down the street from Portillos ^ ^ ^ ^ and the Mag mile and Virgin Records^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Just hope I have made a good dent on my c.c's before the trip
Old Apr 10, 2007, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just a suggestion -- I'm not sure what that place charges/night, but people seem to regularly priceline the Hyatt Regency on Wacker for about $70-$80/night.

Even though the Ohio House is a dump, I cannot see it costing much less than that -- all due to its location, of course.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UNITED959
Just a suggestion -- I'm not sure what that place charges/night, but people seem to regularly priceline the Hyatt Regency on Wacker for about $70-$80/night.

Even though the Ohio House is a dump, I cannot see it costing much less than that -- all due to its location, of course.
I wouldn't mind doing Priceline but I don't like not knowing where I will be staying. Plus it is only for a couple of nights before I go to the hotel I am going to be doing the rest of my stay at just a little north by Wrigley.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 10:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by fly4funsea
I wouldn't mind doing Priceline but I don't like not knowing where I will be staying. Plus it is only for a couple of nights before I go to the hotel I am going to be doing the rest of my stay at just a little north by Wrigley.
You don't like not knowing where you'll be staying, but you're willing to stay at that place? Look at the PL map. The N. Michigan and Loop areas (or whatever they call them) are gonna get you in the same area as this dump with reasonable access to all these places you like. The Hyatt Regency was going for $40 on PL some nights in February. Do yourself a favor and bid, at least, up to the price you're paying for the Ohio House.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 3:29 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
You don't like not knowing where you'll be staying, but you're willing to stay at that place? Look at the PL map. The N. Michigan and Loop areas (or whatever they call them) are gonna get you in the same area as this dump with reasonable access to all these places you like. The Hyatt Regency was going for $40 on PL some nights in February. Do yourself a favor and bid, at least, up to the price you're paying for the Ohio House.
I agree. You can choose how many stars you want in a specific area. Not that many hotels on Priceline's list choose from and they all beat the Ohio House and are in the same area
Old Apr 19, 2007, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Recently you could Hotwire 4-star in downtown Chicago ("Loop," I think) (without the pool icon) and I think be almost sure of getting the Hyatt on Wacker. About $69.

Someone pretty knowledgeable told me (NOT GUARANTEED), it's generally the only Hotwire 4-star in the Loop without a pool.

Of course, this could change at any time, unless that's physically the only 4-star in the area w/o a pool (you have to go next door to an athletic club, I am told).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.