Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated ORD luggage storage thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2001, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Consolidated ORD luggage storage thread

Have they removed lockers from MDW or ORD as part of the new security measures?

I will be traveling with a group and we planned to have an all-day stopover in CHI. But, if the lockers are gone, we won’t know where to put our luggage!
Old Dec 8, 2001, 1:17 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
As far as I know, all lockers have been removed.

I would goto the Hilton at the airport and tip the bellman to hang onto your luggage.
I have not done this at this Hilton, but at many other hotels near airports, both domestic and international.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K
O'hare left luggage

I'm doing an SFO-ORD-CLE trip in 2 weeks where my stop in Chicago is for about 8 hours. Is there any sort of left luggage location at the aiport? I've never seen one there, but they always seem to have them in Europe. I guess my alternative is to see if I can check my bag through so that the airline holds onto, but it is a less preferred option.
Old Dec 9, 2005, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by timmymsmith
I'm doing an SFO-ORD-CLE trip in 2 weeks where my stop in Chicago is for about 8 hours. Is there any sort of left luggage location at the aiport? I've never seen one there, but they always seem to have them in Europe. I guess my alternative is to see if I can check my bag through so that the airline holds onto, but it is a less preferred option.
From the O'Hare FAQ

# Are storage lockers available at the airport?
Due to security measures, there are no luggage storage facilities at this time.

http://www.flychicago.com/ohare/about/ORDFAQ.shtm

How about the bell desk at the Hilton?
Old Aug 10, 2006, 8:17 am

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
ORD baggage storage

I'm flying to PHL-ORD-MLI in a few weeks and want to go to the White Sox game on my layover. I'm flying US/UA. I don't have club membership with UA.

Is there anywhere I can store my bags for 12 hours at the airport while I go to the game?

Thanks for the help.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 8:27 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by puchalskir
I'm flying to PHL-ORD-MLI in a few weeks and want to go to the White Sox game on my layover. I'm flying US/UA. I don't have club membership with UA.

Is there anywhere I can store my bags for 12 hours at the airport while I go to the game?

Thanks for the help.
Particularly given today's increased security concerns, your best best is to check your luggage through to MLI. O'Hare has no place to store luggage. You can try to check it at the O'Hare Hilton:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...hlight=storage
Old Aug 10, 2006, 9:25 am

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Can you check bags through if my layover is 10 hours or will they make me recheck them?
Old Aug 10, 2006, 12:56 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by puchalskir
Can you check bags through if my layover is 10 hours or will they make me recheck them?
I don't see why not, but I'm not an US/UA flyer...I'd just pick up the phone and call them if I were you.
Old Jul 22, 2007, 10:34 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Any place to store luggage at/near O'Hare? (ORD Hilton??)

Just wondering if there is any place I can store luggage in O'Hare for an afternoon. I will be flying to Chicago for a business lunch and then flying out, and I don't want to drag my luggage downtown and back.

I googled "O'Hare lockers" and discovered that there aren't any lockers at O'Hare. Do you think the O'Hare Hilton would let me store my luggage there if I pay a fee (even if I am not a guest)? (If it makes any difference, I am Silver VIP with Hilton.)

I will not check luggage with my airline, as I never check luggage.

Thanks for any replies!
Old Jul 22, 2007, 10:41 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving thread to the FT Chicago Forum.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jul 22, 2007, 2:08 pm

Usually you can check luggage with Bell Captain at any airport hotel, often for no more than a tip when you pick it up.

Contact the hotel by email and ask. Carry reply with you.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 11:26 am

Lockers / Short-term bag storage at ORD

Is there some place I can store a rollerboard (carryon) bag in ORD?

ORD is my "home airport" but I haven't noticed anything.

Here's my situation. I found myself a few segments short of 1P so I booked myself on a segment run. I'm dovetailing the segment run with a business trip, so (all in the same day) am segment-running ORD-PHL-BOS-PIT on a one-way ticket, and PIT-ORD-MSP on (more or less) the client's dime.

Rather than struggling with my rollerboard throughout the entire day, I'd like to drop it off at ORD when I start my travels, and pick it up before my last segment of the day.

Fortunately, I have a layover of just under 2 hours on the last segment so (assuming no delays) I think I theoretically would have time to venture outside of the secure area and re-clear security. Heading back to the trunk of my car seems to be pushing my luck, though.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 11:38 am

Programs: UA 1MM Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium/ LT
ORD's my home too, and I haven't seen anything, but if worse comes to worse, you could try to leave it at the Hilton Hotel with the bellman. Don't know whether they screen to make sure you were a guest. Only slightly less time consuming than taking it to your car, if you are in the hourly lot.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 11:41 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I think this is a topic that is not specific to UA; left luggage facilities in ORD seem to be a general question. As such, I'm moving it over to the Chicago Forum so other travellers can add their input.

Thanks,

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United Mileage Plus Forum
Old Oct 18, 2007, 11:41 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
I don't think any airports (in the US anyways) have lockers or baggage storage due to security reasons.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.