Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Where would you take 'tourists' to dinner in Chicago...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where would you take 'tourists' to dinner in Chicago...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2007, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
I still think we'll go to Alinea before going back to Trotters.
Yes, I need to get to Alinea this summer!
Old Jun 9, 2007, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PHLJJS
I'm visiting Chicago for the first time next week. I'll be staying at the Hotel Indigo downtown on West Division from 6/14-6/17. Can anyone recommend some good restaurants or bars in that area?
There are tons of places nearby. So we can better answer your question, is there any type of cuisine your after? Environment?
Old Jun 9, 2007, 11:41 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
What cuisine to you like ?

Most of the below has been reviewed in the Chicago Forum, just do a search.

Within walking distance of your hotel:
You have a tapas place in your hotel called Phi.
Tons of bars in the area you won’t have any problem finding those.
Steak: http://www.gibsonssteakhouse.com/
Upscale Vietnamese: Le Colonial
Seafood: McCormick & Schmick's

A quick carbide away are the restaurants of Old Town area like:
Upscale Mexican; http://www.salpicon.com/
Thanks for your input. I did see the best burgers thread and may try to check out one or two of those places. I'm going with two of my friends. We're going to the Cubs/ Padres game on Saturday and plan to check out Wrigleyville then. We're just a couple of 25 year olds looking to have a good time. Nothing real expensive, just nice atmosphere and good food. We are all big fans of Mexican, so we'll be going to Chipotle on Friday since I love that place and we don't have any here in Philly. We all like typical American fare, Italian, Mexican and Chinese and of course bar food. Thanks for your help guys.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

A cool, inexpensive place for 25 year olds with great steaks is Tango Sur (3763 North Southport; not far from Wrigley Field). It's an Argentine Steak House that's BYO, so stop at a liquor store and grab some wine or beer before going.

Bars in Wrigleyville are pretty self-explanatory -- just head south on Clark St. from Wrigley Field and there are tons to choose from. A cool place near your hotel is McFadden's -- good eye candy there for you.

There's a Chipotle right on State St., just south of Division Street (walking distance from your hotel).

If you're a breakfast eater, hit up Toast in Lincoln Park (Webster St.) -- only open until 3p and has awesome stuffed French Toast.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by UNITED959
A cool, inexpensive place for 25 year olds with great steaks is Tango Sur (3763 North Southport; not far from Wrigley Field). It's an Argentine Steak House that's BYO, so stop at a liquor store and grab some wine or beer before going.

Bars in Wrigleyville are pretty self-explanatory -- just head south on Clark St. from Wrigley Field and there are tons to choose from. A cool place near your hotel is McFadden's -- good eye candy there for you.

There's a Chipotle right on State St., just south of Division Street (walking distance from your hotel).

If you're a breakfast eater, hit up Toast in Lincoln Park (Webster St.) -- only open until 3p and has awesome stuffed French Toast.
Thanks for the tips. I think we'll definitely check out McFadden's and might try out the steakhouse on Saturday after the game. I searched out the closest Chipotle to the hotel last week which as you said is on State st. We will be going there on Friday for lunch.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, LUV, SPG, HHonors, Avis, Hertz
Geeze, I haven't been 'home' in a while, so I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but I could have sworn there were some great Mexican places over by dere, no? Anyone can help this guy? Sweet? Anyone? Bueller???

It hurts me to think he might leave Chicago having only eat Chipotle as our only representative of Mex cuisine....
Old Jun 9, 2007, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by Jakebeth
Geeze, I haven't been 'home' in a while, so I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but I could have sworn there were some great Mexican places over by dere, no? Anyone can help this guy? Sweet? Anyone? Bueller???

It hurts me to think he might leave Chicago having only eat Chipotle as our only representative of Mex cuisine....
I'm sure there are some great Mexican places in the area, but we don't have Chipotle in Philly so it'll be kind of a treat for us to go there. It's just like when your in LA, some people need to stop at In & Out burger even though there might be a thousand great burger spots to choose from.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'm sure there are some great Mexican places in the area, but we don't have Chipotle in Philly so it'll be kind of a treat for us to go there. It's just like when your in LA, some people need to stop at In & Out burger even though there might be a thousand great burger spots to choose from.
Exactly. Can't get In N Out here.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for the tips. I think we'll definitely check out McFadden's and might try out the steakhouse on Saturday after the game. I searched out the closest Chipotle to the hotel last week which as you said is on State st. We will be going there on Friday for lunch.
Feel free to PM for more suggestions...I'm 27 so not terribly older than your group.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 11:53 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, LUV, SPG, HHonors, Avis, Hertz
I hear you. I guess I'm just biased b/c Chipotle is like McDonald's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.