Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Best Goose Island Brewpub location?

Old Dec 23, 04, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat., SWA A-List,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler

I'm going to be in Chicago next week and am planning on visiting one of the Goose Island Brewpub locations. Is one better than the other (Clybourn or Wrigleyville)?

Thanks,

Jon
Old Dec 28, 04, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
I'm going to be in Chicago next week and am planning on visiting one of the Goose Island Brewpub locations. Is one better than the other (Clybourn or Wrigleyville)?

Thanks,

Jon
IMO, prefer the one on Clybourne, but both are fine.

Plus, at Clybourne, you are right next door to Sam's Liquors, one of the great sites in Chicago. Booze, beer, wine, tobacco, gourmet food, the size of a KMart. 30K square feet or something, definitely worth a visit.

If you have time, beers at Flossmoor Station, 40 minutes south of downtown on the Metra Electric Line, are IMO better. "Best in Chicagoland" 2002.
Old Jan 3, 05, 11:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat., SWA A-List,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Clybourn, The Review

First, had a bit of trouble finding it due to a bum steer from the AAA online triptik directions from the downtown Ren. Once I figured out Orleans street doesn't connect directly to Wacker, I was fine....

Any way, we got their at roughly 6:00 PM on Thursday and the dinning room was 2/3's empty. Bar Area looked busier. Sampled the IPA, Old Standard Ale, and the Christmas Ale. Had another pint of the Christmas Ale. I thought all of them were quite good and I would have had more but I had to drive. Food was okay but not great (Salads were good, Ribs and Fries were mediocre and the Chicken Vesuvio was good). Overall, great place to go drink some nice beer. In the future I'll probably stick to a burger or something else simple on the food side. I'd go back in a flash the next time I am in Chicagoland. Bought a few six packs to tide me over until my next visit.

--Jon

Search this Thread
Search Engine: