Wiki Posts
Search

The best Chicago hot dog place?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2006, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by chichow
Hot Dougs was mentioned in post #27.

So what ever happened to the hot dog crawl?
No idea - there was supposed to be one last winter but I was out of town so I stopped following it. Paging ENick or SweetWillie to answer the question????
Old Aug 2, 2006, 6:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
over a previous meal, elmhurst nick and sweet willie were educating me regarding casing and snap and other things i should know about hot dogs.

Now that I am downtown (actually 500ish west washington west of the proper loop), does anyone have recommendations for hot dawg places downtown preferably near to me?

thanks
Don't know much about "snap," but have you tried Fast Track at the corner of Lake/Jefferson? Does a great lunchtime business - the construction workers in the area seem to love it and a lot of delivery guys, as well. Burgers, dogs and Polish.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by cawhite
No idea - there was supposed to be one last winter but I was out of town so I stopped following it. Paging ENick or SweetWillie to answer the question????
Theoretically FightingIlliniUAL was in charge of that soiree, but we know his track record of actually showing up at things since he's been lassoed, much less organizing something!

If I recall, there were two versions being bandied about: a north/northwest side version that would include Superdawg and Gene N Judes and then at the tiki bar up the street, and a late night city version that would end up at Jim's Original and then Wieners Circle at about 3am for chocolate shakes with the immortal MrFurious vandalizing blort's sports car.

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Don't know much about "snap," but have you tried Fast Track at the corner of Lake/Jefferson? Does a great lunchtime business - the construction workers in the area seem to love it and a lot of delivery guys, as well. Burgers, dogs and Polish.
Thank you for reminiding me about that place. I drive by it from time to time, but have never stopped in.
Old Aug 2, 2006, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
If you're recommending it, I'm going to have to walk up there someday for lunch. LMK if you want to join me
Old Aug 3, 2006, 9:55 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
I'll go. Its close enough to me. Say when esp since we missed each other on the SIN - NRT flight (in the back too bleh bleh bleh)
Old Aug 3, 2006, 11:19 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
uh...

I went.

1 vienna beef dog - good
1 vienne beef char dog - good
fries - bleh

5 dollah.

food coma now.
Old Aug 3, 2006, 12:04 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
If I recall, there were two versions being bandied about: a north/northwest side version that would include Superdawg and Gene N Judes and then at the tiki bar up the street...
I'd like to get the North/Northwest version Do started. Sat Aug 26th good for people? BTW, tiki bar is: http://www.hala-kahiki.com/
--
Old Aug 3, 2006, 12:13 pm

uh...

I went.

1 vienna beef dog - good
1 vienne beef char dog - good
fries - bleh

5 dollah.

food coma now.
Hmmm. I was there a couple of days ago and thought the fries were good. Maybe the problem was that they don't have Heinz Ketchup!

Cheryl, I'm on the road, but I'll get back to you. Sounds good! ^
Old Aug 3, 2006, 5:37 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
I'd like to get the North/Northwest version Do started. Sat Aug 26th good for people? BTW, tiki bar is: http://www.hala-kahiki.com/
--
Sounds interesting.

BTW, do single women frequent the tiki bar?
Old Jan 15, 2007, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

bump for the search impaired.....
Old Jun 28, 2007, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by SirFlysALot
Gene and Jude's is Number 1. Portillos is acceptable!
Has anyone ever had the Chocolate Cake Shake at Portillos (they drop a slice of chocolate cake in and blend it into the shake)? Yuck. A real consistency problem there.

Last edited by ILuvParis; Jun 29, 2007 at 11:49 am
Old Jun 29, 2007, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA Premiere Platinum
Has anyone ever had the Chocolate Cake Shake at Portillos (they drop a slice of chocolate cake in and blend it into the shake)? Yuck. A real consistency problem there.
I have, I think its a fat bomb, but ABSOLUTELY delicious.
-W
Old Aug 28, 2007, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

to quote Flounder from Animal House "oh boy is this great !!!"

Superdawg eyeing a location in Wheeling

http://www.beepcentral.com/story.aspx?story=17864

--
Old Aug 28, 2007, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
If I recall, there were two versions being bandied about: a north/northwest side version that would include Superdawg and Gene N Judes and then at the tiki bar up the street, and a late night city version that would end up at Jim's Original and then Wieners Circle at about 3am for chocolate shakes with the immortal MrFurious vandalizing blort's sports car.
Hah! I just stumbled across this thread because it showed up on my FT home page.

Unfortunately the most FlyerTalk fun said car got to have was being showered with mixed nuts from above while sitting in front of the Park Hyatt. That and a Ferris Bueller valet-style jaunt with fredmartens riding shotgun and mumbling something about bearings in the transmission. Some guy in Phoenix gets to worry about the bearings now, I sold that car over a year ago.

Anyway, a hot dog crawl does sound incredibly tasty, and something I'd definitely make all attempts to attend. I'll keep watching the thread.

Oh, and I've been renting Audis from Hertz at ORD. I'll make sure to get a Ford Festiva or equivalent for that particular trip so as not to unnecessarily restrain the creative juices of MrFurious.
Old Aug 28, 2007, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by blort
Hah! I just stumbled across this thread because it showed up on my FT home page.

Unfortunately the most FlyerTalk fun said car got to have was being showered with mixed nuts from above while sitting in front of the Park Hyatt. That and a Ferris Bueller valet-style jaunt with fredmartens riding shotgun and mumbling something about bearings in the transmission. Some guy in Phoenix gets to worry about the bearings now, I sold that car over a year ago.

Anyway, a hot dog crawl does sound incredibly tasty, and something I'd definitely make all attempts to attend. I'll keep watching the thread.

Oh, and I've been renting Audis from Hertz at ORD. I'll make sure to get a Ford Festiva or equivalent for that particular trip so as not to unnecessarily restrain the creative juices of MrFurious.
BTW, MrFurious has just turned 30 years of age, celebrating in seclusion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.