Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lettuce Entertain You Restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2009, 5:22 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Everest-great food rather horrid service

Had dinner at Everest.I and my boss loved the room and the food,our guest(picky eater)did not so not a place for those who like plain food.
We had a problem with the service however.We found our server to be very snooty and his "let me explain this as if I were talking to small children from the ghetto" tone got real tired real fast.And the tone got even chillier once it was discovered that we were not drinking that night.
Tab for 3(no booze or wine)was around $400 It could have/should have been great.
Old May 20, 2010, 4:23 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Last Monday of the Month Oyster Deal (2010)

just got the following email from Shaw's

Starting on May 31st—and continuing on the last Monday of every month for the duration of 2010—Shaw’s Crab House will celebrate its Silver Anniversary in style—at both Chicagoland locations! Loyal customers and new Shaw’s diners alike will enjoy a landmark Last Monday of the Month Oyster Deal as a thank you for their patronage. Dig in on the Monday celebration: $.25 raw Oysters on the half shell. The by-the-piece oyster special will take place in the Oyster Bar from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. served throughout. And because Shaw’s opens all its oysters upon request, kindly limit per-person orders to two dozen at a time, so our shuckers can keep up!
Even though some of these months are not "r" months, I know Mrs Sweet Willie & I now have a standing date for each last Monday of the month at Shaw's Schaumburg to take advantage of this. A bottle of champagne & 4 dozen oysters, what a meal !!
Old Nov 3, 2010, 8:48 am
Original Poster

$25 bonus cert with purchase of $100 gift card

The typical year end $25 bonus promo is back at LEYE. http://www.leye.com/gift-cards
-
-

Last edited by Sweet Willie; Nov 3, 2010 at 12:25 pm Reason: Incorrect T&C's have been fixed on LEYE's website
Old Nov 3, 2010, 10:19 am

Programs: DL KM
Wonderful find, thank you!

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
The typical year end $25 bonus promo is back at LEYE. http://www.leye.com/gift-cards

To Note: I was reading the fine print, it stated that the bonus certs were not valid after 3pm. I called them asking if that meant that the bonus certs could not be used for dinner. The agent stated that the print was a mistake and should say "bonus certs are not valid after 3pm on Saturdays", she also went on to say this would be corrected.

Personally I'll wait until it is corrected on their website or until I can see the T&C's on a bonus cert at one of their restaurants before I buy this year.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 10:28 am
glg

Personally I'll wait until it is corrected on their website or until I can see the T&C's on a bonus cert at one of their restaurants before I buy this year.
Looks fixed now. They have a really good history with gift certificates. They don't consider them to expire ever. If you found an old cert from 30 years ago, they'd take it.

Specifically with these bonus $25 ones, they expire in April, but if you don't use it, they will accept it again the following year during the same January-April period (this is all on the website under the gift card FAQs).
Old Nov 3, 2010, 11:29 am

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Had dinner at Everest.I and my boss loved the room and the food,our guest(picky eater)did not so not a place for those who like plain food.
We had a problem with the service however.We found our server to be very snooty and his "let me explain this as if I were talking to small children from the ghetto" tone got real tired real fast.And the tone got even chillier once it was discovered that we were not drinking that night.
Tab for 3(no booze or wine)was around $400 It could have/should have been great.
Thats ashame. I feel that such service is unexcusable at any price particularly at the higher pricepoints.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by glg
Looks fixed now.
Holy Cow, fixed less than 2 hrs after I spoke with them.^
Old Nov 4, 2010, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat
-
-
great reminder here Sweet Willie. Most of these restuarants are a solid experience time and time again.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by glg
Looks fixed now. They have a really good history with gift certificates. They don't consider them to expire ever. If you found an old cert from 30 years ago, they'd take it.

Specifically with these bonus $25 ones, they expire in April, but if you don't use it, they will accept it again the following year during the same January-April period (this is all on the website under the gift card FAQs).
Good news on the non-expiration, thanks. Just in case that would be the policy, I saved about $100 worth of the bonus certs I found in a drawer recently.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
I saved about $100 worth of the bonus certs I found in a drawer recently.
that is good news, when we going to dinner
Old Nov 4, 2010, 8:52 pm
glg

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Good news on the non-expiration, thanks. Just in case that would be the policy, I saved about $100 worth of the bonus certs I found in a drawer recently.
Oh, no, you misunderstand, they're totally worthless. you should mail them to me, I'll make sure they're properly disposed of...
Old Nov 7, 2010, 8:55 pm

Programs: MR Gold, DCL Silver, RSSC Silver
L2O may have lost its chef.

http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.c...-possibly.html
Old Nov 8, 2010, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Big Mo
That's a big loss. Another interesting tidbit from the article that I hadn't heard was that L20 was considered to be in the running for three Michelin Stars.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Big Mo
L2O may have lost its chef.
Dined there a couple months ago. One of these days I'll write it up
Old Feb 27, 2011, 11:53 am

Paris Club

I ate at the new LEYE restaurant Paris Club the other night. The waitress described it as "French-style tapas," which is pretty accurate. Because it's tapas-style, things come out as they are ready. The food was great, but be warned that the menu leans pretty heavily on pates and terrines, which is off-putting to some people. We ordered about five items and split them between two people, and it was more than enough food. Despite it being very new, the service was friendly and efficient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.