Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "ORD Security - Questions & Suggestions" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2002, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton (D)
Consolidated "ORD Security - Questions & Suggestions" thread

Do I exit and re-enter security between United Express gates in 'F' and connecting mainline gates in 'B' concourse ?
Old Jan 14, 2002, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Titanium
No - just follow the signs for terminal one.
Old Jan 17, 2002, 3:00 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ChiFlyer:
No - just follow the signs for terminal one. </font>
ChiFlyer is correct. Just make sure you stick to your left as you exit the F gate area.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 12:11 pm

ORD security question

Moderators: If this post is more appropriate for the UA forum - please redirect.
I was checking in at United for a very early AM flight and tried to use the new rebuilt security lines to the left of the UA checkin desks. On two different days I was told that this line was for employees only until after 6AM. Is this the official policy?
Old Nov 20, 2006, 1:26 pm

Programs: SPG LIfetime Plat, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Wannabe, Hilton Silver, UA Gold
That is a pretty consistent message, and there is actually a logical rationale. The employee security screening point on the lower level was closed when the "new" one on the 1st level opened.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 2:37 pm

Location: Primary: “Its largest airport was named for a World War II hero; its second largest, for a World War II battle.”, Secondary: 88NV via RNO
Programs: Hilton Diamond*, UA ex-2P, Chase
Originally Posted by cliff_rock
That is a pretty consistent message, and there is actually a logical rationale. The employee security screening point on the lower level was closed when the "new" one on the 1st level opened.
It's also still used as the employee point throughout, and they get priority through ID checkpoint when they flash badges - I saw several when I've been there and the guy in front of me was unnecessarily peeved when they were waved on. But at peak it's usually still a little better than the GM line if you are unchecked, using the OCLI bag check center, or going from UA checkin counters to E/F or low B.
Old Nov 25, 2006, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by JerseyJoe
Moderators: If this post is more appropriate for the UA forum - please redirect.
I was checking in at United for a very early AM flight and tried to use the new rebuilt security lines to the left of the UA checkin desks. On two different days I was told that this line was for employees only until after 6AM. Is this the official policy?
If the normal checkpoint is crazy at this hour (or any other), walk outside or take the train to Terminal 2 and go through the little hole in the wall checkpoint next to the America West ticket counters. Never takes me more than five to ten minutes (usually less) to go through there.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 8:27 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by bdesmond
If the normal checkpoint is crazy at this hour (or any other), walk outside or take the train to Terminal 2 and go through the little hole in the wall checkpoint next to the America West ticket counters. Never takes me more than five to ten minutes (usually less) to go through there.
I use this trick all the time, although I walk outside between the terminals. On the Wed before Thanksgiving at noon it was 5 minutes to clear security.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 7:17 pm

Location: Near Chicago and Under the MDW and ORD Flight Paths, IL, USA
Programs: UA recovering Premier
I'm liking that checkpoint... never been in line with more than three people in front of me and it has caused me to consistently use OLCI.

A small extra hike to C or the high numbers of B, but also convenient to the RCC.

I'm always amused when I pass the "elite" check in and see it backed up 30 or 40 deep.

But we'll just keep it our little secret here on FT, right?
Old Dec 1, 2006, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by p1cunnin
A small extra hike to C or the high numbers of B, but also convenient to the RCC.
You can always grab the bus to C if you want from I think it's like E2 or E3 there. Personally I like to walk but that is an option.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 10:52 am

ORD Security/Acess

Just about to head off to O'Hare tomorrow with family travelling from separate terminals (2 & 3) and wondering if you could still walk between the terminals freely after you pass through security?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 10:55 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, Hilton Dia, SPG PT, National Exec Elite, MAR Silver, Ex UA 1K
As of 2 weeks ago, yes you can walk between terminals.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes you can walk freely airside between Terminals 1,2, & 3 at ORD without reclearing security.

Terminal 5 (International Terminal) is completely seperate from Terminals 1-3 and you cannot walk to it airside and would need to reclear security.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 11:07 am

great thank you both for the quick reply
Old Dec 31, 2007, 11:08 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in the FT Chicago Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.