Consolidated "Connections / Connecting between terminals at ORD" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Connections / Connecting between terminals at ORD" thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by JimInOhio
Thanks for sharing. Do you know if completing the planned expansion of T5 is the necessary step for DL to move to that terminal? Any updates on when the design will be finalized and, hopefully, construction will start?
Timeline is basically this....

1. F9 Moves to T5 in 2018
2. T5 starts expansion in 2018
3. VX, AS, B6 move over to G concourse T3 - 2018
4. NK stays on L concourse
5. 9 Gate expansion done 2020-2021 DL moves to T5
6. teardown starts of T2
....Finished T2 with D and E concourses and 2nd FIS -2025-2027

Of course all subject to change.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by ords

6. teardown starts of T2

Very interesting. So many questions... where do all the Eagle flights on G go? L stinger? And why is the move from L to G necessary for AS/B6, surely NK doesn't need the whole thing to itself?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:21 am

There will be precheck at T5 within the next 2 years. With F9 moving over in 2018 and DL by 2020 there's no other choice.
Actually, I was wrong, there will be Precheck coming to T5 very soon and not within 2 years.

There was a presentation about it yesterday.
bver100 likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by linglingfool
Very interesting. So many questions... where do all the Eagle flights on G go? L stinger? And why is the move from L to G necessary for AS/B6, surely NK doesn't need the whole thing to itself?
I gather from what ords outlined, AA will take those L gates being vacated by AS/VX and B6.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: UA MM

6. teardown starts of T2

Thanks for sharing. What seems difficult to work out is how to increase INTL capacity in the next eight to 10 years. The DL and F9 move to T5 is going to suck up all of those nine additional gates being planned.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Actually, I was wrong, there will be Precheck coming to T5 very soon and not within 2 years.

Glad to hear that. We are leaving out of T5 next year and have tickets on TK. TK joined the TSA Pre program earlier this year.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

Given the substantial growth in the number of foreign carriers being entered into TSA Precheck and what I heard from DHS at ORD last week, I would be surprised if it doesn’t go live within the next 10 weeks or even before Christmas..
Old Nov 15, 2017, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
I gather from what ords outlined, AA will take those L gates being vacated by AS/VX and B6.
Given how much nicer the G concourse is than the dumpy Delta Flight Center, I can't see what benefit AA would derive from making the swap. They do have an AC at the end of L now, but the gates aren't any closer to H/K than G currently is.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:28 am

Will 3E stay at L or do they move?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA
Connection time ORD: Concouse B to Terminal 5

While I've flown millions of miles through ORD, an upcoming trip creates a connection question:
If I arrive into United on C concourse, and connect with a SAS flight out of Terminal 5:
is 2 hours enough time for my luggage to make that connection? Or do I need to carry on?
I know that on international flights arriving into Terminal 5 and connecting to flights out of Concourse C (United) at least 3 hours is needed to get through customs and get to the next gate. But is as much time required for checked luggage going from Concourse C to Terminal 5?
An experienced answer will be appreciated, thanks in advance.
Pigdoc
Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Pigdoc
While I've flown millions of miles through ORD, an upcoming trip creates a connection question:
If I arrive into United on C concourse, and connect with a SAS flight out of Terminal 5:
is 2 hours enough time for my luggage to make that connection? Or do I need to carry on?
I know that on international flights arriving into Terminal 5 and connecting to flights out of Concourse C (United) at least 3 hours is needed to get through customs and get to the next gate. But is as much time required for checked luggage going from Concourse C to Terminal 5?
An experienced answer will be appreciated, thanks in advance.
Pigdoc
I would check out post #110 ( at the very end) of this thread. It is a recent experience doing a very similar connection. ORD has a shuttle open to all from T3 to T5 air side. The poster indicated that his 1:45 connection ended up being a little tight. He is recommending a 2:00 minimum connection. I think @tssgllc was surprised to see how long it took to go from C27 to G17 and then from M27 to the departure gate. As far as your bags go, 2 hours should be plenty of time.

You also need to know that the ATS is being shut down between 6:45 PM and 4:45 AM until sometime in March 2018 (link). So if you arrive much later than 6:00 PM you will have to take a shuttle from T1 to T5 if you do not use the air side shuttle.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 6:59 am

For those who haven't traveled out of T5 recently, there's a TSA precheck line that also is used for First and Business.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 8:27 am

For those who haven't traveled out of T5 recently, there's a TSA precheck line that also is used for First and Business.
I was looking at the TSA website on participating airlines and it look like a significant number of our international carriers participate. AM, AV, AY, CM, CX, EK, EY, KE, KL, TK. Don't know if that represents a majority of the international passengers departing from T5, but it has to be close.

Last edited by cheltzel; Feb 25, 2018 at 11:23 am
Old Feb 25, 2018, 11:07 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I noticed that last night there, but there was no PreCheck type screenings going on when I was there. Rather, they shut things down to one line.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder

I noticed that last night there, but there was no PreCheck type screenings going on when I was there. Rather, they shut things down to one line.
Thank you and I'll pass this back along.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.