Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Connections / Connecting between terminals at ORD" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Connections / Connecting between terminals at ORD" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2003, 3:38 pm

Are there moving sidewalks between T1 and T2?
Old Jul 30, 2003, 3:52 pm
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by anthemion:
Are there moving sidewalks between T1 and T2?</font>
No. It's not that far.
Old Jul 30, 2003, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Titanium
As your other friends here have stated, you can go between terminals. I find it to be a little confusing (maybe I am just a confused person - different thread I think!) - so if you start to see you are going through security (leaving a secure area) then stop and look around for the right way.

By the way, I have not found the security lines to be that bad at OHare.
Old Aug 20, 2003, 2:24 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Vunder31:
Arriving on KLM (T5) at 12.15 pm, leaving on NW (T2) at 1.50 pm. The connecting time (95 minutes) seems awfully short. What do you guys think?
The NWA guidelines says 90 minutes is enough for internation-to-domestic, but that's for NW-to-NW (T2).

[This message has been edited by Vunder31 (edited 06-24-2003).]
</font>
How do you end up with a KLM/NWA routing through O'hare? I'd imagine it would be quicker just to go directly from AMS to MEM,MSP,or DTW rather than connect through ORD. (They do show a few ORD connections in the timetable, though the all leave before a NW/KLM nonstop and arrive after the nonstop.)
Old Aug 25, 2003, 9:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EP, UA 1K, DL GM, Tumlare Bussresor Super Class
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by L Dude 7:
How do you end up with a KLM/NWA routing through O'hare? I'd imagine it would be quicker just to go directly from AMS to MEM,MSP,or DTW rather than connect through ORD. (They do show a few ORD connections in the timetable, though the all leave before a NW/KLM nonstop and arrive after the nonstop.)</font>
I flew (CPH-)AMS-ORD-DTW-CLE on an award ticket.
No non-stop AMS-DTW was available, so I didn't have too much of a choice

[This message has been edited by Vunder31 (edited Nov 14, 2003).]
Old Nov 2, 2003, 10:02 am

Tight connection between T1 and T2...Please HELP!

I have never been to Chicago airport. I wil be connecting from Terminal 1 (concourse C) to Terminal 2 (concourse F) with connecting time of 45 minutes in about a week from now.

Someone mentioned something about a direct passage way from T1 to T2 which bypasses security, thereby minimize the chance of missing the connecting flight.

Would someone please provide detail instructions on how to do this. Please reply here and/or send a reply to [email protected]

Thank you very much in advance for your hlep in this matter.

joE

[This message has been edited by sfaguy (edited 11-02-2003).]
Old Nov 3, 2003, 11:29 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sfaguy:
a direct passage way from T1 to T2 which bypasses security, thereby minimize the chance of missing the connecting flight.</font>
sfaguy, when you depart concourse C you will go into the tunnel connecting concourse C w/Concourse B. Go up the first set of escalators that you come to.

At the top, go to your right.

look up, you will see a sign pointing down for baggage claim and an arrow for T2. DO NOT GO DOWN TO BAGGAGE CLAIM but walk straight ahead, take right, you will then be on the pedestrian enclosed walkway between T1 & T2.

You will go right by security w/o having to go THROUGH security.

Follow the signs for T2.

FYI, once in the walkway, stick to your right and you will run right into the walkways to F.

------------------
Visit FlyerTalk Dining http://flyertalk.com/diningfr.shtml
Old Nov 3, 2003, 4:10 pm
glg

The escalator down to baggage claim next to the hallway to T2 is now blocked. They changed it to an up escalator and have an employee security checkpoint on the baggage claim level. So, it's pretty obvious when you're in the right place, because there's a sign pointing down to baggage claim, but you can't go down

[This message has been edited by glg (edited 11-03-2003).]
Old Nov 6, 2003, 11:30 pm

'sterile' transfer between T2 and T3?

Is it possible to transfer between terminals 2 and 3 without clearing security? A companaion and I are both flying to LHR via ORD, but one is on AA and the other UA, and I was wondering if it would be possible to meet up before the flight without having to exit and re-clear security?
Old Nov 7, 2003, 9:16 am
glg

UA will be in T1, AA in T3. You can get from both to T2 and meet there if you like.

To answer your original question, it is possible to get from T3 to T2 airside.
Old Nov 7, 2003, 3:06 pm

Thanks,

Do you know if there is also airside transfer between terminals 1 and 2? And if I go with her to terminal 1, how long should I allow myself to walk back to terminal 3?

[This message has been edited by yonatan (edited 11-07-2003).]
Old Nov 7, 2003, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Titanium
You can walk between all three terminals (T1, T2 and T3) and not need to re-enter security.
Old Nov 9, 2003, 9:47 pm
glg

I would allow 20-30 minutes from T1 to T3 without knowing gates. You could be at B22 or C1/C32 (as far as possible from T2) and have to go to the end of H or J. However, if it's B7 to H1, you could run it in 5.
Old Nov 9, 2003, 10:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ChiFlyer:
You can walk between all three terminals (T1, T2 and T3) and not need to re-enter security. </font>
Huh?? How do you get from T3 to T1/T2 WITHOUT going through flight connections AFTER you have gone through T3 screening????
Old Nov 9, 2003, 11:36 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"> Huh?? How do you get from T3 to T1/T2 WITHOUT going through flight connections AFTER you have gone through T3 screening????
[/b]</font>
Make a right after going through T3 security screening to head to T2 and onwards to T1 rather than heading down the concourse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.