Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

ORD T5 Immigration / State of Play / Micro-Rant

Old Aug 9, 2023, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 2CVG
In a few days, I am arriving at internationally at Terminal 5 , ORD. After passing thru immigration, collecting my bags, and rechecking my bags for my domestic flighgt from Terminal 1, how can I find the Terminal Transfer Bus from T5 to Terminal 1 to avoid the long TSA lines at Terminal 1?
Print Wikipost

ORD T5 Immigration / State of Play / Micro-Rant

Old Mar 30, 2024, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by ords
Another update...the arrivals hall of the FIS is now 100% completed and open as of this past Friday. Queuing lanes have been revamped and you should start seeing a much improved arrivals experience. There's still some construction storage areas that are located in the west FIS corridor that will be removed and then the area cleaned.

United airlines recheck is still on target to be completed by April 15th. Until then United will continue to use the common use recheck counters. The recheck area outside the FIS has gained nearly 20' in width.
Thanks for all the updates.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 6:56 am

Programs: EY
Another update...the arrivals hall of the FIS is now 100% completed and open as of this past Friday. Queuing lanes have been revamped and you should start seeing a much improved arrivals experience. There's still some construction storage areas that are located in the west FIS corridor that will be removed and then the area cleaned.

United airlines recheck is still on target to be completed by April 15th. Until then United will continue to use the common use recheck counters. The recheck area outside the FIS has gained nearly 20' in width.
thanks for the updates? I dont suppose there are at publicly available images of this area? Just curious how it compares to before
Old Apr 1, 2024, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by xobile
thanks for the updates? I dont suppose there are at publicly available images of this area? Just curious how it compares to before
Not that I am aware of. I have a few videos, but I don't believe the site will allow them.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 12:42 pm

Not that I am aware of. I have a few videos, but I don't believe the site will allow them.
if you are willing to put the links on streamable.com and link it here that may be an option if you are comfortable with that
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:19 pm

if you are willing to put the links on streamable.com and link it here that may be an option if you are comfortable with that
Here's the link. It's good for 2 days. https://streamable.com/lf6iwg

This was the morning the walls came down. By noon, stanchion's were in place and queuing lines moved around.
aisleorwindow and goodeats21 like this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 8:37 am

Here's the link. It's good for 2 days. https://streamable.com/lf6iwg

This was the morning the walls came down. By noon, stanchion's were in place and queuing lines moved around.
Thanks for the upload! Can we expect some wording on the signs? The icons look very similar so Im not really sure what is what. Also, how is the entry leading to the FIS? From what I remember there was a long narrow hallway down a staircase that frequently backed up, and signage for GE members was very poor or nonexistent in that area.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Thanks for the upload! Can we expect some wording on the signs? The icons look very similar so I’m not really sure what is what. Also, how is the entry leading to the FIS? From what I remember there was a long narrow hallway down a staircase that frequently backed up, and signage for GE members was very poor or nonexistent in that area.
I don't think anything has been done at that spot with this construction, but I am hoping the new arrivals hall is large enough now that it eliminates the bottleneck at the top of the escalators that had been occurring. ords - Thoughts?

I am not arriving Intl at ORD again until the end of April. Be interested to see it all in person.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21
I don't think anything has been done at that spot with this construction, but I am hoping the new arrivals hall is large enough now that it eliminates the bottleneck at the top of the escalators that had been occurring. ords - Thoughts?

I am not arriving Intl at ORD again until the end of April. Be interested to see it all in person.
The belief there is. What will be nice is the ability to shift the size of the USC's and Visitors queuing areas depending on the percentage on a given day. Getting to GE from gates M14,15,16 and M17 still need to flow up stream but the area is wide enough where it isn't an issue. What is also planning to be done is move the wheelchair folks from camping at the base of the escalator area coming from the east. It's just a really bad look.

There's a battle going on between folks who want "paper" signage ( little to no cost) versus folks who want multi language digital signage (overall better customer experience) as the end product.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.