Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

STL Lambert Airport New Terminal 1

Old Mar 16, 2023, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Priority Plus, AA 0.6MM, Marriott Lifetime & Hilton Gold, bunch of stuff

So, we are in the early stages here but many designs were considered and one has emerged as the favored. They’d leave the existing domes as the ticketing/check-in and build all new terminal 1 behind the domes with a single security area and customs. T2 would be mothballed. With a new MCI in KC, it’s nice to hope.

STL proposed terminal location

T1 layout

https://www.flystl.com/uploads/docum...-presented.pdf
Old Mar 21, 2023, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Concourse A is just terrible. Not sure why they don't just move everyone over to Concourse C--seems like there is plenty of room for everyone there. Looking forward to this, but it's definitely going to be a while.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by equals42
So what's a "right-sized space"?

David
Old Mar 26, 2023, 11:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest Priority Plus, AA 0.6MM, Marriott Lifetime & Hilton Gold, bunch of stuff
Originally Posted by DELee
So what's a "right-sized space"?

David
The meeting video kinda covers that I think. They mention cramped areas where you can’t get by peple by a few restaurants and such.

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Concourse A is just terrible. Not sure why they don't just move everyone over to Concourse C--seems like there is plenty of room for everyone there. Looking forward to this, but it's definitely going to be a while.
I don’t get it either. C is much better and D is connected in case they need more space. B was always weird but again at least connected to C so why the heck is A still in use?

Anything is better but it’ll be a while for sure.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 29, 2023 at 12:31 am Reason: merge
Old Mar 31, 2023, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by equals42
The meeting video kinda covers that I think. They mention cramped areas where you can’t get by peple by a few restaurants and such.

I don’t get it either. C is much better and D is connected in case they need more space. B was always weird but again at least connected to C so why the heck is A still in use?

Anything is better but it’ll be a while for sure.
A is closest to the expensive new runway that was built just in time for TWA and the STL hub to go poof, so presumably continuing to use A keeps the aircraft movements spread out and taxi times down.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.