Search

CLE: New Master Plan with major expansion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2022, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
CLE: New Master Plan with major expansion

Hi FTers...

Didn't see anything posted on this...did you know CLE recently completed a new master plan that would greatly rework/rebuild the existing terminals? Great idea, as I think it's in sad state and in need of a renovation. Basically, they would rebuild most of the airport, adding 2 terminals, converting to a single checkpoint (not sure about this idea), adding more international/customs capacity, rebuild the garage, add direct connection to the airport hotel, and add direct access off 71.

I am curious, though, that they don't mention runway expansion. I thought that was a big reason that Burke is still in demand because of it's longer runway...but what do I know?

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/lo...d-4c403334d0ae

dergon darkhelm Thought you'd be particularly interested.

Okay..I see that it's mentioned in the de-hubbing thread. Your call, FTers if you want a specific expansion thread. I'm new around these (CLE) parts
Old Jan 28, 2022, 7:21 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by navi_jen
Hi FTers...

Didn't see anything posted on this...did you know CLE recently completed a new master plan that would greatly rework/rebuild the existing terminals? Great idea, as I think it's in sad state and in need of a renovation. Basically, they would rebuild most of the airport, adding 2 terminals, converting to a single checkpoint (not sure about this idea), adding more international/customs capacity, rebuild the garage, add direct connection to the airport hotel, and add direct access off 71.

I am curious, though, that they don't mention runway expansion. I thought that was a big reason that Burke is still in demand because of it's longer runway...but what do I know?

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/lo...d-4c403334d0ae

dergon darkhelm Thought you'd be particularly interested.

Okay..I see that it's mentioned in the de-hubbing thread. Your call, FTers if you want a specific expansion thread. I'm new around these (CLE) parts
CLE's runways are designed to support trans-Atlantic flights. They weren't designed for trans-Pacific flights but no one thought that would be a need in the near to mid-term (no kidding!).
Old Jan 29, 2022, 10:40 am

Programs: AA US
The new Master Plan is at the FAA being reviewed. There is no known timetable for the FAA to complete their review; maybe by summer. Nothing can happen without FAA approval. I think the plan is fairly realistic (which doesn't mean cheap), in that specific growth in passenger levels must be net before any phase of it can commence. I believe the first phase needs 10.9 million passengers for planning to begin. The airport reported 10.04 million for pre-pandemic 2019. So nothing is going to happen tomorrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.