Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

"Cabin" getaway in Missouri (or possibly OK, KS, or IA)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2021, 8:17 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite

For an early April "boys" getaway, looking for a modern (bath, kitchen, heat) cabin. State parks might be okay, but interested in forested, internet access (gotta stream videos/movies), and not a situation where cabins are just a few feet from its neighbor. Want something where we could have a campfire. Riverside/lakeside (or view) would be nice but not essential. Starting out from Kansas City so something within 2-3 hours might be best. Something in the Ozarks? (Have not looked on VRBO because I'm not sure how to search for such).

Any ideas/recommendations?
Old Feb 21, 2021, 3:19 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Somewhere close to Greers Ferry and its lake?

It's a dry area -- when it comes to booze.

To search on VRBO, I use the VRBO apps on my phones. You list the area you want to visit, how many adults/children in your group and the minimum bedroom and bathroom count you want and can do a search that way -- including by selecting "cabin" and/or "house" and "waterfront" and/or "pool" as desired. And then go from there.

Last edited by GUWonder; Feb 21, 2021 at 3:29 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.