Reload this Page >

CLE: Self Service Rental Car Checkout

Old Feb 18, 20, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG/Marriott: Plat; Hyatt/Hilton: DIA; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic

Hi,

Are there any rental car companies (@ CLE airport) that have enabled self checkout?

IIRC, there is a Hertz gold desk (I am a Gold Club member) but their rates are high (it's a personal trip, not business, not not keen about paying $100 extra). Some Budget locations have self service checkout, but I can't remember if the CLE location has this.

I am arriving late and don't want to stand behind a bunch of people waiting to check out....irritates me when it's totally unnecessary.

Please advise.

Thx
Old Feb 20, 20, 9:38 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriot Titanium, WN A-List, National Exec
I'm not aware of any. I really only have experience with Enterprise/National at airports. National does have the aisle so the only waiting would be to get out of the facility already in your vehicle. CLE isn't a super busy facility so I doubt you'd have to wait long regardless.
Old Feb 21, 20, 7:08 am

Programs: AA exp 3mm Hertz 5*
The line is why some of us are willing to pay the higher rate. I take the best rate I can get, then keep checking every week or so.

If your incapacitated w the knee, and the car rental is in the airport, ask for a chair for exiting the aircraft. I decided to try Budget over New Year's to save a few hundred, and was left standing in a 90 minute line. Was thrilled when I was next... until a chair rolled up. Oh well, what's another 10 minutes.
Old Feb 21, 20, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG/Marriott: Plat; Hyatt/Hilton: DIA; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Thanks all...When I'm working, I am more than happy to have my company support my Gold Club membership. But they are consistently $100 more than the cheapos in CLE...not worth it.

Actually found out that Alamo has the "skip the counter" option at CLE. It was SUPER easy (only 1 step more than Hertz). They are my new go to in the CLE.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: