Reload this Page >

Hotels near Wrigley Field

Old Sep 17, 19, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG LT Gold, HHonors Silver

Hello all-
We are planning a family baseball road trip to several different ballparks next summer and I'm wondering if there are any hotels in the Marriott or Hilton portfolios that are within walking distance of Wrigley field? I did a search and could not find anything specific. We will have some kids and some senior folks in the group so the maximum walking distance would be maybe half a mile.

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 18, 19, 6:10 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
The Zachary, which is the new hotel across the street from Wrigley is a Marriott Tribute Portfolio property. That's really the only hotel of any type that I'd recommend within walking distance. Alternatively, just stay at a property downtown and near the red line. It's a quick L ride north, with no transfers and the Addison stop lets you out right across the street from right field. You'll have a better hotel selection and likely much better prices. But I think it would be fun to stay at the Zachary, which I won't do since I live only 1.5 miles away . Good chance to see the pre-game build up as the neighborhood comes to life.
Old Sep 19, 19, 10:32 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Plat, Hertz 5*
Review of the Zachary, and the Wheelhouse, also near Wrigley.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/11/t...l-chicago.html
Old Sep 21, 19, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG LT Gold, HHonors Silver
Thanks JBord and DavidDTW! Just what I was looking for. Both places look great but we will probably go with the Zachary since we will be using points. The Wheelhouse looks like fun though, maybe next time! :-)
Old Sep 24, 19, 9:24 pm
BCH

I'd suggest The Wheelhouse. It's just down the street from the ballpark.
Old Oct 1, 19, 11:52 pm

Programs: AA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Zachary would be a good choice for points, it's very expensive on game days from what I can tell. Airbnb would also be an option for a family, there are lots of residential units in the area.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: