Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Want to do a surprise pickup at ORD, but where do I go?

Want to do a surprise pickup at ORD, but where do I go?

Old Jul 3, 19, 8:04 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 3
Want to do a surprise pickup at ORD, but where do I go?

My s/o gets back to the States next week after 4 months away. She thinks that I'm in Arizona for work, but I'll actually be driving up to ORD to pick her up from the airport when she lands.

She's flying Norwegian and arrives at Terminal 5, then will go pickup checked baggage.

Where should I go where I'll actually see her and she won't end up getting in an Uber??

I'm assuming I'll be able to be in the luggage pickup area, once I figure out where that is?

Appreciate any help!
ynwaoasis is offline  
Old Jul 3, 19, 10:14 am
  #2  
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: VNY | BUR | LAX
Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Posts: 11,759
Originally Posted by ynwaoasis View Post
I'm assuming I'll be able to be in the luggage pickup area, once I figure out where that is?
The luggage pickup area for international arrivals is inside the immigration and customs area, which you will not be able to access.
TWA884 is offline  
Old Jul 3, 19, 10:17 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by TWA884 View Post
The luggage pickup area for international arrivals is inside the immigration and customs area, which you will not be able to access.
That's helpful, thank you.

So with that in mind, where would you recommend I wait since we won't have a 'meeting point' pre-determined?
ynwaoasis is offline  
Old Jul 3, 19, 10:32 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Here There Everywhere
Posts: 133
There are two exit doors from the immigration and customs area that empty into the lower level arrival hall of terminal 5 where you can wait along with the other people waiting. Also, there is a camera feed of the people exiting the customs area so you may be able to spot them before they see you. The arrival board shows which door they should exit, Also there is convenient parking at terminal 5. Go down the stairs to the arrival hall.
TWA884, JBord and ynwaoasis like this.
joethekay is offline  
Old Jul 3, 19, 10:36 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by joethekay View Post
There are two exit doors from the immigration and customs area that empty into the lower level arrival hall of terminal 5 where you can wait along with the other people waiting. Also, there is a camera feed of the people exiting the customs area so you may be able to spot them before they see you. The arrival board shows which door they should exit, Also there is convenient parking at terminal 5. Go down the stairs to the arrival hall.
This is exactly what I needed, thanks a million for this Joe! Appreciate your help a ton. 👏
ynwaoasis is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread