Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Pizza delivery to Midway airport in Chicago

Old Jan 19, 19, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

I have a 1 1/2 hour long layover in midway and would like to preorder a deep dish and have it delivered to the airport. Is that a thing? How do I go about picking it up and going back through the security gate?
Old Jan 20, 19, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HH, MR elite. Fly mostly AA/WN/B6.
Almost impossible to coordinate. There's a Lou Malnati's and a Giordano's in the general vicinity, but delivery orders take 45-60 minutes to fulfill. You'd have to exit security, find a way to meet a delivery guy on the curb, then try -- try -- to bring the pizza back in through TSA. And with current TSA sickouts the single MDW security checkpoint can have up to a 30-minute wait. Just visit Home Run Inn on the concourse.
Old Jan 20, 19, 8:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Suspect whoever you call will think it is a prank. If they don't, not sure how this works logistically so that you make it back to board your connection and still enjoy the pizza.
Old Jan 20, 19, 10:34 am

Assuming that your inbound in on time and there's no problem bringing the pizza through security, the plan is theoretically doable. I once had my sister deliver a cake to the MDW departures curb (long story). She called as she pulled up and I went out and met her. TSA didn't bat an eye bringing the cake back through security. Obviously that was a little different since it wasn't a commercial delivery.

It may also be easier to just order the pizza for takeout (specifying a sufficiently early time) and hop in a cab to retrieve it. It would likely be more expensive than delivery, but the locations BearX220 mentioned are both very close to the airport.

In either case, having Pre-Check would make it a lot more comfortable.

Search this Thread