Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

ORD - Domestic connection to Int'l - Security?

Old Aug 10, 18, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

Connecting thru ORD next month, DFW-ORD-PEK, and my experience in navigating ORD is limited to walking from my gate to the Admiral Lounge and back. What's the drill for a domestic connection to an international flight? Both flights are AA, and I'm EXP flying J, if that matters

Thanks,
JV
Old Aug 10, 18, 10:56 pm

From 10:00 am to 8:00 pm, there is a transfer bus that operates from
  • Gate G17
  • Gate K20
  • Gate L24
to Terminal 5. If you use this bus, you will not have to go through security again.

(Note: There is some heated dispute on this board about whether the bus operates until 8:00 or 8:30. People who have actually been there say 8:00. Others, who read the website, say 8:30.)

If you are going to T5 outside this hours, you will need to leave the secure area and go through security once again to enter T5.

Monday thru Friday, you will have to take a shuttle bus from the upper level. Go to Door 3F on the ticketing level and take a shuttle bus to T5. Saturday and Sunday, go to the ticketing level and look for the signs that say "Airport Transit System," "Airport Transit," or "ATS" (the signs are inconsistent) and take a train to T5 (no charge).
Old Aug 11, 18, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Found the AA Guide: ORD wiki. It indicates that my DFW-ORD-PEK should be in and out of the AA terminal
TWA884 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 18, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by jeffeverde View Post
Found the AA Guide: ORD wiki. It indicates that my DFW-ORD-PEK should be in and out of the AA terminal
Then no problem. You should not need to go through security.
Old Aug 11, 18, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by jeffeverde View Post
Connecting thru ORD next month, DFW-ORD-PEK, and my experience in navigating ORD is limited to walking from my gate to the Admiral Lounge and back. What's the drill for a domestic connection to an international flight? Both flights are AA, and I'm EXP flying J, if that matters

Thanks,
JV
AA's international flights are from T3 (I think Concourse K in most cases). It's likely your arrival from DFW and departure to PEK would be only a short walk.

edit: Sorry, didn't see all of the replies so mine is redundant.

Search this Thread