Reload this Page >

Radio Anago, Chicago - Brutal Review.

Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

I'm posting this here, since it is less about Chicago or the restaurant itself (which I won't be spending any money in) but more a great example of how how a talented reviewer can completely skewer a restaurant, especially brutal since it is the latest offering of an otherwise amazingly successful chef/owner. I guess it shows that no one can turn out nothing but hits:

Radio Anago Is a Rare Misstep for Hogsalt Hospitality | Chicago magazine | August 2018
Old Jul 16, 2018, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
"what arrived was three overbattered, burnt boneless thighs. They resembled something between a trio of burgers left overnight on a grill and decomposing limbs in a serial killer’s basement."

Old Jul 16, 2018, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by swag
"what arrived was three overbattered, burnt boneless thighs. They resembled something between a trio of burgers left overnight on a grill and decomposing limbs in a serial killers basement."

I'm torn between:

Under dim orange lamps, couples with tattoo sleeves and Harry Caray glasses sip Negronis and look beautifully bored, adding to the feeling that youve stumbled into a Heineken ad set in a Japanese-themed nightclub.

and

But the hoisin-painted pork belly tucked inside, along with scallions and pickled cucumber, was tragically undercooked, lending the meat the springy texture of a lukewarm Sausage McMuffin.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 9:17 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Ouch

Just ouch

Thanks for posting
Old Aug 2, 2018, 4:58 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by milepig
I'm posting this here, since it is less about Chicago or the restaurant itself (which I won't be spending any money in) but more a great example of how how a talented reviewer can completely skewer a restaurant, especially brutal since it is the latest offering of an otherwise amazingly successful chef/owner. I guess it shows that no one can turn out nothing but hits:

Radio Anago Is a Rare Misstep for Hogsalt Hospitality Chicago magazine August 2018
I'm late to the game -- and love most of Sodikoff's restaurants -- but he's had failures before. What about the Jewish deli style spot on Kinzie? (Was there where Bavette's now is? Can't remember.)

Apropos of nothing, I like to describe Sodikoff as "never having met a lightbulb he likes." (Green St. might be the exception.) But I really do love most of his places, and Bavette's is our #1 favorite steakhouse in the city (including where we celebrated our engagement and annually celebrate our "engagiversary").

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.