Reload this Page >

Total shutdown of ATS at ORD May 30

Total shutdown of ATS at ORD May 30

Old Mar 26, 2020, 7:00 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by JBord
Can't speak specifically for the ATS, but my brother-in-law is an engineer who is primarily involved in road & bridge construction in Chicago. He, and associated construction crews, are considered "essential employees" and he continues to work.
Even some home construction work with contract construction crew is still ongoing in downtown Chicago. I don’t know if it’s supposed to be or not, but I do know that not all are using it as an excuse for new/additional delays.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 8:18 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Even some home construction work with contract construction crew is still ongoing in downtown Chicago. I don’t know if it’s supposed to be or not, but I do know that not all are using it as an excuse for new/additional delays.
I think just about any profession related to construction or home maintenance is considered essential here, from the little I've read about it. I haven't seen much new construction going on in my neighborhood, but that could just as easily be planned or voluntary. Plumbers, electricians, HVAC, etc. are definitely still working. In any case, I would think the ATS would be considered an important project to continue since the workers aren't prohibited. But these are strange times, with our mayor now saying you shouldn't go for 3.5 mile run, or you might be arrested, even if you're practicing social distancing. So nothing would surprise me.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 6:44 am

Work and testing is still going on.
GUWonder and Snuggs like this.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 11:23 am
BCH

I saw the train running on Friday - is that still just testing? Or is it operational now?
Old Oct 6, 2020, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by BCH
I saw the train running on Friday - is that still just testing? Or is it operational now?
Good question.

David
Old Oct 7, 2020, 10:39 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by BCH
When it finally goes into passenger operation, it will probably be the cover story in the Chicago Tribune.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 6:20 pm
BCH

Originally Posted by JimInOhio
When it finally goes into passenger operation, it will probably be the cover story in the Chicago Tribune.
That's the funniest thing ever. Also, that's true.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by JimInOhio
Originally Posted by BCH
That's the funniest thing ever. Also, that's true.
That would require the Tribune to have at least one remaining reporter who has not been laid off or furloughed. Some days I wonder.
Tribune Publishing and union agree to three-week furloughs for Chicago Tribune newsroom employees
legalalien likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 1:59 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro | Hyatt Globalist | HH Diamond | SPG Gold
What’s the best way to get from T5 to T3 now.

have a very tight connection because of a schedule change. 1 hour now. Have GE and no bag.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Shadowfactor
What’s the best way to get from T5 to T3 now.

have a very tight connection because of a schedule change. 1 hour now. Have GE and no bag.
You have only two options:

(1) The 24/7 landside bus that replaces the people mover (ATS). You should be able to pick it up on the lower level of T5 but check for signs. There's one that circulates to the terminals (which is what you want) and another that goes to remote parking.

(2) Grab a taxi from the taxi stand. I wouldn't tell them where you're going until you get in and close the door, since cabbies don't like short trips (perhaps a large tip would be in order).

Airside bus (TTB) is covid-supsended, ATS is construction-suspended, and there is no airside or landside walkway.
GUWonder, wrp96 and PaxSicagia like this.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 4:56 pm

Programs: QF Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by threeoh
The 24/7 landside bus that replaces the people mover (ATS). You should be able to pick it up on the lower level of T5 but check for signs. There's one that circulates to the terminals (which is what you want) and another that goes to remote parking.
The Transportation Between Terminals page on ORD website confirms this and further indicates busses arrive every 5-15 minutes. The page also has a map of shuttle bus service routes.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 1:59 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by PaxSicagia
The Transportation Between Terminals page on ORD website confirms this and further indicates busses arrive every 5-15 minutes. The page also has a map of shuttle bus service routes.
The frequency of the land-side replacement buses is very good — as in I’ve gotten them within a handful of minutes even in recent days too — but some of these landside buses are heated up to such a temperature that they are miserably hot and uncomfortable because of that. Something that has not been anywhere as frequent an issue in previous times with the airside buses or the ATS trains.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 7:21 pm

Any update on potential re-opening?
Old Feb 27, 2021, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by delta_cliff_
None.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by delta_cliff_
Ha! Welcome to endless construction, Chicago style!

David

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.