Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Total shutdown of ATS at ORD May 30

Total shutdown of ATS at ORD May 30

Old May 5, 22, 2:13 pm

Mods, maybe alter the thread title so that it shows the relevant year?

Cheers!
Old Jun 11, 22, 3:33 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT
The ATS may be technically running 24x7, but I waited for 25 minutes after my 4am arrival today. Not sure if that is the norm at that hour or if there was some sort of an issue, but it took me 40 minutes to get to the MMF.
Old Jun 11, 22, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by legalalien View Post
The ATS may be technically running 24x7, but I waited for 25 minutes after my 4am arrival today. Not sure if that is the norm at that hour or if there was some sort of an issue, but it took me 40 minutes to get to the MMF.
They've been doing scheduled maintenance overnight here and there, but nothing I see was planned for last night into this morning.
Old Jun 13, 22, 9:06 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM, AS, MR-LT Titanium, HH Gold
To & From Car Rental

Glad to know that the ATS is running.
Have a question, hope someone can help or confirm:

Is the MMF where Budget/Hertz etc Car Rentals are located. How far a walk from MMF to Budget to pick up a car?

Thank you in advance.
Old Jun 13, 22, 10:04 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by allset2travel View Post
Is the MMF where Budget/Hertz etc Car Rentals are located. How far a walk from MMF to Budget to pick up a car?
All the airport car rental counters are located at the MMF. The rental counters are on the ground floor. The cars are located on the upper levels, an escalator or elevator ride away.
GUWonder and allset2travel like this.
Old Jun 13, 22, 11:07 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TWA884 View Post
All the airport car rental counters are located at the MMF. The rental counters are on the ground floor. The cars are located on the upper levels, an escalator or elevator ride away.
I haven't paid attention to Budget but Hertz and its corporate siblings are directly behind the rental counters on the ground floor. Again, at least with Hertz (not sure about the others) if you're a rewards member you can just go from ATS to car without stopping at the counters. IME, the longest part of the journey is the escalator ride down from the ATS to the ground floor... less than 2 minutes from floor to car.
Old Jun 13, 22, 12:54 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc View Post
I haven't paid attention to Budget but Hertz and its corporate siblings are directly behind the rental counters on the ground floor. Again, at least with Hertz (not sure about the others) if you're a rewards member you can just go from ATS to car without stopping at the counters. IME, the longest part of the journey is the escalator ride down from the ATS to the ground floor... less than 2 minutes from floor to car.
My experience renting a car at the MMF was with Alamo. IIRC, Alamo and National's, its corporate sibling, cars were located on the third level. Skipping the counter was not an option despite my being an Alamo Insiders member. Avis' cars are located on the second level, I assume Budget's are there too. I just confirmed that they are.
Old Jun 14, 22, 9:38 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM, AS, MR-LT Titanium, HH Gold
@TWA884 & lincoInjkc,

Thank you so much!

Search this Thread