Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Total shutdown of ATS at ORD May 30

Total shutdown of ATS at ORD May 30

Old Apr 6, 2022, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by lettezilla
any tips based on your experience?
IIRC walk out of international arrivals area and turn 45 degrees to the right toward an escalator up. It is very poorly marked. We had GE otherwise it would have taken at least 2 hours to clear custms & immigration.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt
thanks! I've got GE and hand baggage only so hopefully won't be too long of a wait.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 3:59 pm

I think the overhead wayfinding signs say "Terminals 1 2 3" (in the colored boxes) rather than saying "train"
GUWonder likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by threeoh
I think the overhead wayfinding signs say "Terminals 1 2 3" (in the colored boxes) rather than saying "train"
ah, I see. So the not-very-logical logic is that you have to take the ATS to get to the other terminals as well as the rental car facility, which everyone must surely know?

thanks! making notes of all of this, would like to spend as little time as possible stumbling around ORD looking for the right train
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 6:51 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by lettezilla
ah, I see. So the not-very-logical logic is that you have to take the ATS to get to the other terminals as well as the rental car facility, which everyone must surely know?

thanks! making notes of all of this, would like to spend as little time as possible stumbling around ORD looking for the right train
I don't think any of this is as hard as you might fear. Thousands of people make these connections every day.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by JimInOhio
I don't think any of this is as hard as you might fear. Thousands of people make these connections every day.
fair enough! I wasn't worried about not being able to find it until multiple people mentioned they'd had problems (my original question was whether the MMF was real or vaporware), so if they are in the minority, that's great.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by threeoh
nce I got upstairs IIRC that there were signs that said, "Train"
Old Apr 7, 2022, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
IIRC walk out of international arrivals area and turn 45 degrees to the right toward an escalator up. It is very poorly marked. We had GE otherwise it would have taken at least 2 hours to clear custms & immigration.
Yeah, I arrived last Monday and was amazed at the lines for immigration. GE is a must-have anymore.
Even with a checked bag, I was through WAY before anyone stuck in that line.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 6:21 am

There will be changes coming out of the FIS area, both set of doors ( call it UA side and AA side) will be reduced or eliminated and replaced with one center exit. I'll pass along the concern about the MMF signage or lack of at T5 lower level.

CBP lines are a concern to both the CDA and carriers. ORD is averaging around 19K arriving passengers through the FIS hall. In peak 2019 it was around 27K a day.

ATS should go 24/7 effective the 17th, but don't quote me on that just yet.
Xyzzy, legalalien and Milwaukee like this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 7:50 am

thanks for the tips, everyone. It was very easy as I was following signs for the other terminals-- don't think I saw a rental car sign until I was at the ATS platform. And the MMF is pretty cool, the airport wifi worked and there are bathrooms and water-bottle filling stations, so all good.
gretchendz likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by ords
There will be changes coming out of the FIS area, both set of doors ( call it UA side and AA side) will be reduced or eliminated and replaced with one center exit.
Whelp, there goes my trick of using the AA door when the UA flights are backing up the exit and using the UA door right after a bunch of AA arrivals.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 6:06 am

There will be changes coming out of the FIS area, both set of doors ( call it UA side and AA side) will be reduced or eliminated and replaced with one center exit. I'll pass along the concern about the MMF signage or lack of at T5 lower level.

CBP lines are a concern to both the CDA and carriers. ORD is averaging around 19K arriving passengers through the FIS hall. In peak 2019 it was around 27K a day.

ATS should go 24/7 effective the 17th, but don't quote me on that just yet.
No word on the 17th being confirmed going 24/7. So like everyone else, including the frustrated employee...we shall wait.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 6:54 am

No word on the 17th being confirmed going 24/7. So like everyone else, including the frustrated employee...we shall wait.
Email sent that Monday the 18th it will go 24/7 with notifications being sent out tomorrow on the 17th. (not sure why it couldn't have been sent out this past Friday given the holiday)
legalalien likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 5:41 am

Email sent that Monday the 18th it will go 24/7 with notifications being sent out tomorrow on the 17th. (not sure why it couldn't have been sent out this past Friday given the holiday)
Link to local news advising it's going 24/7 starting today.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...id=hplocalnews
mmayer and legalalien like this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 5:43 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Link to local news advising it's going 24/7 starting today.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...id=hplocalnews
Are the buses still going to run in parallel? The article doesn't mention anything.

ETA: WGN reports that "Shuttle buses will continue to provide 24-hour service through May 1."

Last edited by legalalien; Apr 18, 2022 at 9:24 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.