Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Need help with first Kansas City, MO visit.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need help with first Kansas City, MO visit.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2019, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Thank you all for the input. I reserved a car and mapped a few covered bridges in St Charles and Winterset. Oh, and I'm a little excited about the Amish Country Store and Maid Rite Diner in Lamoni because I've never been in Amish country in any state and I've never uttered the words 'loose meat'.

@FriendlySkies, I have Char Bar on my Tripadvisor map, but I'd never heard of Slap's. We may need to swing west after picking up the rental car for some road snacks. Lordy, how are we going to fit in all that bbq in 3 days along with the museums, monuments, and fountains?!
Old May 3, 2019, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Between Downtown and Country Club Plaza locations, is one Jack Stack better than the other?
Old May 3, 2019, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by boxo
Between Downtown and Country Club Plaza locations, is one Jack Stack better than the other?
I find the parking to be much easier at the Freight House (downtown) location that the one on the Plaza. I also think the Freight House architecture is way cooler as you’re inside a former railroad building which was built in the 1800s. The Plaza location is just a restaurant and doesn’t have as much character to it.
boxo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.