Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Rental Car from DTW, best place to fill up gas?

Old Apr 1, 18, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, National EE, Hyatt Explorist

Hi,

I'm flying into DTW and renting a car from National. Does anyone know there any gas stations in the area around DTW I should avoid?
Old Apr 1, 18, 1:15 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Plat, Hertz 5*
Definitely avoid the BP at Middlebelt and Wick. It is much more expensive than the other area stations.

The Speedway on Merriman just north of I-94 is usually reasonable. Depending on which direction you are approaching the airport from, stations a few miles away are also less expensive. Like just off the Telegraph exit from 94 if headed from downtown.
Vegas Vegan likes this.
Old Apr 5, 18, 7:33 pm

Programs: WN, UA, AS, DL, NH; IHG, Wyndham, Hilton, Best Value Inn, Marriott, Starwood, Ramada
Arrow Bookmark this.

The World-Wide Web site I double-check when in a distant city is Gas Buddy. I shall use it in Cleveland, OH. on Sunday. Type in the zip code of the airport and it will show the lowest prices for gas stations in that area. Realize that the super-cheap price will likely be at Sam's Club or Costco, of which you may not be a member, but you will find it.
Old Apr 20, 18, 2:19 am

I am planning a trip to Chicago, what do you think about transportation of Chicago city? What will be the best option for airport transportation? I found Chicago Limos Inn What type of form will be good for Chicago tour, like sedan, Limo, bus or taxi?

Search this Thread