Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Hotels near Chicago O'Hare international airport

Hotels near Chicago O'Hare international airport

Old Jun 10, 2020, 9:30 pm

Any updated information on a CLEAN hotel for an overnight in ORD to catch a morning flight? Last post was 2017. Thought maybe there is some updated recommendations. Appreciate it.
pudgym29 and tropikey like this.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 10:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold. Usually WN or DL if in the air.
Originally Posted by Sizook
Any updated information on a CLEAN hotel for an overnight in ORD to catch a morning flight? Last post was 2017. Thought maybe there is some updated recommendations. Appreciate it.
I really like the new (as of mid 2019 ish) The Rose Hotel, which is in the Hilton portfolio as a "Tapestry Collection" property.
Both of the restaurants next door are great.
Only knock I have on it is the shuttle only runs every 30 minutes, and if it's full it leaves early.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 12:40 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The Hilton ORD is dated, doesn’t have windows that open and requires elevator use, but its one upside is that the landside inter-terminal transfer bus is more frequent than most or all of the area hotel shuttles and usually that free airport transfer bus nowadays has more space per person than the typical hotel shuttle bus.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 10:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
The Renaissance O'Hare Suites is still my go-to when near ORD. Runs a shuttle but is also next to the blue line which goes to ORD or into the city, so 2 options to get to hotel/airport. Rooms are suites. Restaurant & bar on-site & large lobby. Usually good prices, especially on weekends.

Cheers.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 3:38 am
Suspended

Hilton ORD is super cheap on Hotwire as an “opaque” booking that can be easily unmasked using the TripAdvisor info. It’s very conveniently located for the CTA blue line.

Ironically, between the carpeting in the hotel and its location at the airport itself, there are times when those transit passengers with lots of wheeled belongings in tow may actually be better off using a hotel shuttle bus to get to a different ORD area hotel than staying at the Hilton ORD.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 1:49 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
A semi-related question, are there any hotels near O'Hare (or are nearby on the CTA blue line) that have an in-room hot tub or jacuzzi? After this pandemic is over, I'd like to take a special someone on a trip, and she's dead set on seeing Chicago.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA, WN, AA
Their are many hotels, the nicest being in Rosemont just outside of the airport. Down any street you'll find something. As soon as you leave the airport you'll see a Hilton. I wouldn't stay there its filled with angry foreigners whos flights were cancelled an stressed out pilots. Somewhere off airport property is nice, like the Hyatt at O'Hare. Side tip: don't book your hotel with rewards, they give you the worst rooms!

You won't find any hotels with in room Jacuzzi's around the airport due to the fact that those hotels aren't really for the 'pleasure factor' and more for the 'I'm a person who just had my flight cancelled and need a place to stay'. The hotels like that are more in the city. One I do suggest is flying into Midway and staying at the Ray's Buckstown Bed & Breakfast. It's only about 10 minuets from the airport. The neighborhood is okay, but I wouldn't be spending a while there. The best option though is probably The Country Inn & Suites by Radisson in Schaumburg. Its about a 15 minuet drive west from O'Hare and in a safe neighborhood. An hour drive from the city, but Schaumburg is a nice little suburb.
view-with-a-room likes this.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Feb 23, 2021 at 6:35 pm Reason: merge
Old Feb 23, 2021, 10:07 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by diburning
After this pandemic is over, I'd like to take a special someone on a trip, and she's dead set on seeing Chicago.
If you want to show her Chicago, why would you want to stay near O'Hare? There are great hotels near the Chicago River, along Michigan Avenue and in the Streeterville and Gold Coast areas.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 10:58 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
She wanted to visit extended family as well (they live near O'Hare on the Blue Line) so it's for our convenience. I found that the Comfort Suites in Schiller Park has what we need (we'll just take the hotel shuttle to the airport and grab the blue line there), so unless I find something better, that's probably what we're going to book. The reviews for the place aren't bad either.

(I also found that the Best Western Plus Airport South also has the jacuzzi, but they charge more for what appears to be a vastly inferior room, and the reviews aren't good at all)
Old Feb 24, 2021, 2:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by diburning
She wanted to visit extended family as well (they live near O'Hare on the Blue Line) so it's for our convenience. I found that the Comfort Suites in Schiller Park has what we need (we'll just take the hotel shuttle to the airport and grab the blue line there), so unless I find something better, that's probably what we're going to book. The reviews for the place aren't bad either.

(I also found that the Best Western Plus Airport South also has the jacuzzi, but they charge more for what appears to be a vastly inferior room, and the reviews aren't good at all)
The Schiller Park CTA blue line station isn't all that close a walk to the Comfort Suites property, so you'll indeed want to take the hotel shuttle to get to a CTA station if staying at that hotel and the shuttle timing works.

I usually prefer hotels around the CTA Rosemont station nowadays, if being close to the airport and the CTA station are the main consideration (when not deciding to put up with the Hilton ORD). But I'm never looking for a hotel room jacuzzi around ORD.

There are hotels in downtown Chicago along the Blue line too. And with light luggage it can work out well enough to use the CTA blue line to go from and to the airport if luggage/luggage storage wouldn't come with problems between visiting her extended family and the travel plans.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 8:02 am
Suspended

Just booked the Holiday Inn Express & Suites O'Hare based on it being (i) almost new and (ii) dirt-cheap on points.

Arriving in ORD terminal 5 at like 9 PM after a long flight from Europe. Just want to get some sleep at an airport hotel before going to the city the next day.

Question: The hotel has suspended its shuttle service. Only after booking, I noticed a review of the property on Google which claims a taxi to the hotel is like $30 and an Uber $50+. Is that true? If so, I might as well book myself a nicer hotel with free shuttle service using the cab fare saved....
Old Apr 19, 2021, 8:57 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by 8mh
Just booked the Holiday Inn Express & Suites O'Hare based on it being (i) almost new and (ii) dirt-cheap on points.

Arriving in ORD terminal 5 at like 9 PM after a long flight from Europe. Just want to get some sleep at an airport hotel before going to the city the next day.

Question: The hotel has suspended its shuttle service. Only after booking, I noticed a review of the property on Google which claims a taxi to the hotel is like $30 and an Uber $50+. Is that true? If so, I might as well book myself a nicer hotel with free shuttle service using the cab fare saved....
I would do a prearranged ride with a local cab company. I always use American Taxi as they have a fixed rate of ORD to Des Plaines at $18 (plus tip). Professional drivers, clean and well maintained cabs, on time service.

If you install their mobile app, you can manage your reservation as you arrive and they will use it to let you know where to go for your pickup.
FlyerTalker324193 likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by 8mh

I used a cab off the line when I was going from T5 to the Hilton with a broken arm a couple of years back and the fare was not much less than that before tip. The driver was not well pleased since they have a long wait on line to pick people up, though I believe they get a chit to skip the line on a short fare. I would assume that a pre-arranged ride can skip the line
Old Apr 19, 2021, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by MADPhil
I used a cab off the line when I was going from T5 to the Hilton with a broken arm a couple of years back and the fare was not much less than that before tip. The driver was not well pleased since they have a long wait on line to pick people up, though I believe they get a chit to skip the line on a short fare. I would assume that a pre-arranged ride can skip the line
The cab company assigns a specific unit to you and they bypass the normal cab lines. The assigned cab pulls up to the prearranged ride waiting area and you have to find your cab. The company's mobile app will communicate the cab number and where to find it.

There is a ton of construction on the lower level (arrivals) of T1 through T3 right now and it can be a real mess. I do not know if it affects T5 or not.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I need one night and will have a rental car, so looking for something with cheap or free parking - we are heading north the next day.

I would like to use one of my free nights certs for Intercon (40k) Hyatt (Cat 4). I don't really need the Hilton connected to ORD as we are not flying out the following day. Considering:
  • Crowne Plaza O'Hare or Northbrook
  • Hyatt Regency O'Hare or Schaumberg
  • Hyatt Rosemont
I have Marriott (50k) and Hilton free nights too but prefer to save those.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.