Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Minneapolis Lounge Access from Terminal 2

Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

I am traveling from Minneapolis terminal 2 on Iceland air. I will have 3 to 4 hrs to kill before departure and I happen to have access to two lounges in terminal 1. I know the terminals do not share the post security area but can I use my Iceland air boarding pass to get into terminal 1, use the lounge for a couple of hours and then get back to terminal 2 (clearing security again)?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:48 am

I can't answer 100% but I can't imagine that the TSA at Terminal 1 would let you through without a ticket departing from Terminal 1.

Even if they did, you'd have to clear security twice with no PreCheck, since Icelandair doesn't participate in the program. This probably won't be an issue at Terminal 2 but Terminal 1's lines can be awful without PreCheck.

If getting to the airport later isn't an option, you might consider taking the Light Rail over to the Mall of America for a few hours instead. You'll be there very quickly, and there are a number of places on the 3rd or 4th floor to get a drink and a snack. Just be sure to decide where in the mall you want to stop before you get there so you're not wandering aimlessly. It's a big place and I wouldn't want to wander with a rollaboard for too long.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.