Reload this Page >

ORD T1, T2, T3 to T5 busing being looked at for connecting pax

ORD T1, T2, T3 to T5 busing being looked at for connecting pax

Old Jun 10, 22, 3:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ords View Post
Mid June is being targeted at this time. Although I'm thinking July 1.
Memorial Day came and went without it, and mid-June is just around the corner. I hope they have it for July.
Old Jun 11, 22, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
Memorial Day came and went without it, and mid-June is just around the corner. I hope they have it for July.
Two items delaying this: TSA is having issues with a security door. It was supposed to be certified but was delayed and the vendor is pushing back on fuel cost that were agreed too prior to $6.00 a gallon currently. I'm still hearing around July though..
Old Jun 11, 22, 3:36 pm

Two items delaying this: TSA is having issues with a security door. It was supposed to be certified but was delayed and the vendor is pushing back on fuel cost that were agreed too prior to $6.00 a gallon currently. I'm still hearing around July though..
Thanks as always for the updates and insight.

With Illinois being among the quarter of the states with the worst gas prices in the country, I can see why the vendor/contract operator would feel like it’s a bad time to get this going if operations are going to start with running losses or on substantially lower margins than budgeted by the vendor. I guess this is what happens when an airport owner/operator doesn’t think some things at the airport are so core to the business operations as to not be outsourced. I dread to think that if the contractor’s fuel costs are so close to make or break then what about their staffing situation (in terms of cost but also availability).
Old Jun 12, 22, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks as always for the updates and insight.

With Illinois being among the quarter of the states with the worst gas prices in the country, I can see why the vendor/contract operator would feel like its a bad time to get this going if operations are going to start with running losses or on substantially lower margins than budgeted by the vendor. I guess this is what happens when an airport owner/operator doesnt think some things at the airport are so core to the business operations as to not be outsourced. I dread to think that if the contractors fuel costs are so close to make or break then what about their staffing situation (in terms of cost but also availability).
In this instance, it's the Airlines not the Airport that is running this operation.
Old Jun 12, 22, 10:40 am

In this instance, it's the Airlines not the Airport that is running this operation.
The airport left it to the airlines, and the airlines left it to a contractor to run the operation? Is the TTB operator contracted with each airline separately? I am wondering how that bill is to get split among the airlines.

Previously, the TTB gatekeepers wanted my boarding passes and passports before allowing me and my travel party members to use it. Were they using the boarding pass info to manage the invoicing of each airline?
Old Jun 16, 22, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Not before August 1st at this time.
Old Jun 16, 22, 10:09 am

Programs: BAEC
Not before August 1st at this time.
Hopefully before Dec 13.
Old Jun 16, 22, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by BXK_Oz View Post
Hopefully before Dec 13.
Tell me about it...There's enough demand, but this pesky thing called gas rates are killing it.
Old Jun 16, 22, 8:31 pm

Given the fares the airlines are charging me this summer to fly out of ORD T5 and what was said earlier about TTB relaunch being up to the airlines willingness to pay, I dont know what to say about gas prices dragging this out. Cheap comes to mind.
Old Jun 17, 22, 9:27 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Given the fares the airlines are charging me this summer to fly out of ORD T5 and what was said earlier about TTB relaunch being up to the airlines willingness to pay, I dont know what to say about gas prices dragging this out. Cheap comes to mind.
I agree that the big 3 US carriers are really watching the bottom line at the moment.

I think most or all of the airlines are focused on recouping their pandemic losses at the moment. And considering the issues they have had to deal with over the last 24 months or so, I can see where I would be doing the same if I were in their shoes.
Old Jul 8, 22, 8:25 am

Programs: AA EXP; United PP, Delta, IHG PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
any updates on ORD T5. Is there a website or flyertalk topic that give realtime updates or at least recent updates? Trying to keep on top of what is changing there and can't find a great resource
Old Jul 8, 22, 10:42 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by aj411 View Post
any updates on ORD T5. Is there a website or flyertalk topic that give realtime updates or at least recent updates? Trying to keep on top of what is changing there and can't find a great resource
Old Jul 8, 22, 11:55 am

Programs: AA EXP; United PP, Delta, IHG PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TWA884 View Post
Thank you!
Old Sep 18, 22, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Delayed until March 2023. The no crowd is still yelling louder.
Old Sep 18, 22, 4:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Delayed until March 2023. The no crowd is still yelling louder.
Name and shame?

Search this Thread