Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ORD T1, T2, T3 to T5 busing being looked at for connecting pax

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by _kurt
I don't think it's deliberately deceptive, but yes it does seem like they are trying to funnel arriving international passengers into the land-side shuttle instead of the ATB.
Frankly, that makes sense. To use the airside TTB from T5 to T3/1, you have to walk farther to M1, most likely wait longer for a bus, and unnecessarily clog up the T5 security checkpoints.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by BCH
Just noticed that the official ORD website now says that the ATS will be operational "just in time for the 2019 Winter holiday season." Ugh. Another delay.
And now a further delay to "Some time in 2020"
Old Oct 19, 2019, 5:14 pm
BCH

Originally Posted by worldtrav
And now a further delay to "Some time in 2020"
i wonder why?
Old Oct 19, 2019, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by BCH
i wonder why?
"This delay is to ensure system safety and reliability after systems integration testing revealed a flaw related to the “negative return collector shoe,” which is the mechanism that directs the electrical current needed for rail cars to operate. Crews are now working to retrofit the collector shoe on each new rail car in the fleet."

https://www.flychicago.com/business/...px?newsid=1581
Old Oct 19, 2019, 5:44 pm
BCH

Originally Posted by planko
"This delay is to ensure system safety and reliability after systems integration testing revealed a flaw related to the “negative return collector shoe,” which is the mechanism that directs the electrical current needed for rail cars to operate. Crews are now working to retrofit the collector shoe on each new rail car in the fleet."

https://www.flychicago.com/business/...px?newsid=1581
It must be so embarrassing for a construction company not to be able to get a basic project right. There are monorails all over the world - they were not building something that had never been done before. It is certainly embarrassing for our city that we cannot manage a straightforward project - I wonder how the whole terminal construction projects will be managed.

Last edited by BCH; Oct 20, 2019 at 9:03 am
Old Oct 19, 2019, 7:22 pm

Just to clarify, the ATS is not a monorail.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by planko
Just to clarify, the ATS is not a monorail.
No, it's a train which is even simpler.
What an embarrassment US infrastructure is.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Hi folks,
It appears as if there is some conflicting advice upthread..........
I arrive at ORD next Tuesday on BA flight into T5 and connect to AA flight out of T3. I’ve got scheduled connection time of 2 and half hours.
Do I clear security at T5 and take airside bus to T3 or do I head straight for landslide bus and clear security at T3?
Any experts care to offer advice?

thanks in advance
Old Oct 22, 2019, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by zanderblue
Hi folks,
I arrive at ORD next Tuesday on BA flight into T5 and connect to AA flight out of T3. I’ve got scheduled connection time of 2 and half hours.
Do I clear security at T5 and take airside bus to T3 or do I head straight for landslide bus and clear security at T3?

thanks in advance
I think most will say it's simpler and faster to take the landside bus and clear security at T3. Recent reports are indicating that wait times for the landside bus are something like five minutes on most days. The airside bus from gate M1 only runs every 20 (or 30?) minutes.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by zanderblue
Hi folks,

thanks in advance
Landside bus is the best option 95% of the time.

Exceptions would be: really long line or congested traffic, desire to spend time in a T5 lounge, arriving airside (pre-clearance), or if someone calls you to tell you T3 TSA is very backed up (even then you could clear in T1 or T2).
Old Oct 30, 2019, 5:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Some feedback for anyone with upcoming connection T5 to T3 at ORD.
We arrived in ORD at 4:00pm, immigration was done using kiosks and we had bags and through customs by 4:35pm.
No queue at bag drop and we were straight onto bus with no queue again. Traffic for transfer was light, minimal line at TSA Pre check in Security zone 7 and we were sat in Flagship lounge by 5pm.
All in all a good experience. Thanks again for input from the experts.
JimInOhio likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 4:36 am
Original Poster

I'm sure I'll need to start another heads up thread, but we're going to be starting remote busing at Terminal 5 starting in late March.

Construction starts on the building expansion and they'll be a closure of one narrow body gate for a 4 month period. This is to rehang temporary bridges. For those who've arrived at M19 previously, the farthest new temp gate (M22) will be around 900' further east.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by ords
I'm sure I'll need to start another heads up thread, but we're going to be starting remote busing at Terminal 5 starting in late March.

Construction starts on the building expansion and they'll be a closure of one narrow body gate for a 4 month period. This is to rehang temporary bridges. For those who've arrived at M19 previously, the farthest new temp gate (M22) will be around 900' further east.
Is this going to be busing between terminals or busing from the terminal to planes at remote stands for boarding/deboarding?
Old Oct 31, 2019, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cheltzel
Is this going to be busing between terminals or busing from the terminal to planes at remote stands for boarding/deboarding?
Terminal to planes on remote stands.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by ords
Terminal to planes on remote stands.
Ah, memories of the nearly forgotten T4.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.