Search

ORD - F9 To AS Gates/Connection ???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2016, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: OnePass, Delta
ORD - F9 To AS Gates/Connection ???

Hello all,

I want to ask, if not the correct forum please move accordingly, about getting from F9 arrival gate to AS departure gate.

Currently they both are in T3 at ORD, I will be arriving from TTN and understand that I will need to go land side to collect luggage and then check in to AS...

My guidance question is, how easy and close and fast can this be achieved? F9 flight arrives at 8a, with AS flight departing at 9.20a.

Is this a non-rush can-do connection?

TIA - bo1953
Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:48 pm

Not a chance you'll make it if you can't get your bags checked through IMO.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
If you don't have to recheck bags, you can do this no-problem. It depends how long the security lines are to get back in. F9 to AS isn't a far walk though, even if you do have to leave the secure side.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 8:52 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in the FT Chicago Forum
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Aug 12, 2016, 9:06 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP - I am not aware that F9 and AS have an interline agreement. But, I stand to be corrected. Presuming that you are on separate tickets, you are not connecting and your bags cannot be interlined. You also do not have any protection if your inbound F9 flight is delayed.

The critical deadlines for AS are T-40 baggage deadline and T-30 at the gate. I do not believe that 40 minutes is a safe allowance to wait for your F9 bag, drag it to AS, wait in line and make the baggage cutoff (remember, being in line is not good enough). That would only allow you 10 minutes to clear security and make it to the gate.

If you are late, AS will cancel your ticket and it will have whatever value it has under the fare rules. If a standard non-refundable ticket, you are at AS' mercy for rebooking. That could include anything from an agent rebooking you without fee on the next available flight (which is whenever the next flight with seats may be) to being required to purchase a new ticket at walk-up prices).

Bottom line is that this is super risky and I would not attempt it given the financial risks and the fact that low availability could mean a long wait at ORD if you miss your onward flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.