Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ORD landside/airside handoff spot

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2016, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

ORD landside/airside handoff spot

My 9-year-old is visiting relatives in Chicago in a few weeks. His visit is at the end of our family vacation, so we arranged for all of us to fly through ORD, with the kid's trip terminating there. We're on AA.

We have a 2 hour layover and we should all have Pre-Check, so we may just all exit security to hand over the kid and exchange some hugs with the relatives before going back in for our flight home.

But in case we're pressed for time, is there any particular exit from the secure area (ideally in T3, but we could potentially hike elsewhere sine my recollection is that T1/2/3 are all connected airside) where we'd at least be able to keep eyes on the kid until he's with the relatives and exchange some waves and blown kisses? My vague recollection from my last visit to ORD T3 is that you exit airside by going down to the baggage claim level, but I don't recall if it's possible to come back up without reclearing security.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 12:55 pm

If you're in T3, you can exit on departures level through a revolving door (behind the escalators going down to baggage claim) . If you don't want to leave security, you can watch your child walk through to the departures level and see him meet with family. If you go with, you'd be spit out between the various checkpoints.

http://www.flychicago.com/SiteCollec...0-%20PROOF.pdf The Benz logos (ha) are exits on departures level that you can see through.

Last edited by bver100; Jul 18, 2016 at 1:14 pm
Old Jul 18, 2016, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Perfect. Thanks!
Old Jul 19, 2016, 11:34 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Worth noting that there are four or five security checkpoints in Terminal 3, all of which (I think) have airside to landside exits. If you decide not to exit with your son, I think the exit closest to the G concourse would be the easiest one to send him through because it's generally less crowded. That said, it's also at the end of the terminal, so might be a hike if you're arriving/departing from the H/K/L concourses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.